cd / dvd media question.

I am going to buy the diana krall live in paris.

Which has a better quality, a normal cd?

or a dvd movies audio track?

I would prefer it on vinyl, but the nearest record store that I know of is about 6 hours off :( There is a flea market with a bunch that I will rummage through, so I will be able to get some that way.

What is a good way to get a bunch of records? I'm going to be getting a turntable soon with the purchase of all my new tube gear =) and I want to be ready! I'm trying to further my music knowledge and get some good sounding vinyl to show off my stereo. I like rock, classic rock, some classical (such as moonlight sonata), jazz, and blues, such as stevie ray vaughn, bb king, diana krall, and the brian setzer orchestra. If anyone here frequents records stores and wouldn't mind picking me up some records, i would pay them for their trouble. I live in Louisiana BTW. One of my friends is going to italy soon and i begged him to get me some records of an italian woman singing. I love the way that sounds!

If anyone decides to, get about 100 bucks worth for me!!