Klf-30 Problems

I have owned my 30,s for 3 years now. I recently heard a banging noise from 1 speaker. I thought the woofer might have been blown, so I took the woofer out and it was in perfect condition as soon as i put it back in the noise came back. I only hear it when i play it at high volumes. My conclusion is that the back panel is coming loose. So I played it loud and held pressure against the back panel and the noise disappeared. When i let go of the panel the noise came back. Does anyone know how I can repair this without sending it out for repairs.

This issue has surfaced before here on the forum.

Carefully remove the back panel and apply a bead of a strong adhesive to the area where the back panel joins to the cabinet.

It would be worthwhile to call the Klipsch support centre for confirmation/alternative suggestions before proceeding.

I had went through 3 pairs of the 30's. All rattled as the voice coil would make the unwanted noise. Two had the banging noise you described. Yes, it is the back pannel, I agree with the person that said to remove it and put an adhesive on it. I am not so sure that you could even get the back pannel off. So, with that said, you just may have to send it to Klipsch...and they may not even do a good job on fixing it. Good luck to you!!!