Online Retailors

schwock5

How is the online retialing of high-end elctronics? I buy a lot from the internet, but never anything like the purchases i'm looking for. I'm getting the RF35, RC35, and RS35 and a sub, and looking at the Sony and HItachi LCD projections (60 inch) and the samsung 61" DLP. Also the Denon 2900 DVDplayer, and 3805 reciever. I found many sites with extremely attractive prices, and notes about having their own warranty policy since many manufactureres drop the warranty from unauthorized sources. How dependent are they for valid merchendise, shipping without damaged goods, warranty honoring, and those types of things. I realize it matters on the website, currenty I have loked at acousticsounddesign.com for a lot of the merch. Any recomendations/ comments?

From the Klipsch Policy page we have this extract:

"Klipsch home audio products are sold in the United States through a network of authorized dealers selected by Klipsch. This dealer network consists solely of dealers with physical storefronts. Some dealers may have Internet sites on which they also promote Klipsch products. Klipsch dealers have been chosen for their ability to properly represent, demonstrate, sell and, in most cases, service Klipsch products. There are no authorized Klipsch dealers who sell current Klipsch home audio products only from an Internet or auction-type website. Klipsch provides a warranty on products sold only by our authorized dealers."

You should read the whole message at the link I provided. Basically, if you buy Klipsch speakers over the Internet, you are supporting unscrupulous businesses, dishonest people, and you have no warranty.

----------------

On 5/26/2004 8:06:40 PM GooseChaser wrote:

Those sold by unauthorized dealers could be B stock or used for all Klipsch knows, thus they do not come with manufacturer's warranty. Usually, these unauthorized dealers get their stock of Klipsch speakers from authorized dealers who purposely order more speakers from Klipsch than they need then sell to unauthorized dealers at large quantity. It's a trade off between lower cost and 5 year manufacturer's warranty.

----------------