Interesting observation about new Ref. speakers

Tom Adams

Is it just me or has anyone else notice the total void of discussion concerning the Klipsch RF-5's?? I mean, there's plenty of comparison discussion about RF-3 vs RF-7 and there's plenty of dialog about RF-7's. Hell, even the negative can't get them or dealer is stupid kinda messages are about the RF-7's. So what's the deal with the RF-5? Is there some kinda message here? Will the RF-5 be the red-headed stepchild of the Klipsch family?

Just curious.......

Tom Adams

I'm going to laugh now if no one replys to this.

I'm just going to say that personally, I'm an RF3 gal. I heard the RF5s and I didn't see that much difference worth spending the extra cash. I heard the RF7s last weekend, and I wasn't real thrilled either. Sure, they're better speakers, but I'm all about hearing good sound for cheaper expenses. Smile.gif

Maybe after they've been out a while and don't cost as much...

This message has been edited by Jo-Jo on 07-12-2001 at 01:05 PM

I wanna know what warrents the 700$ price increase from the RF-3 to the RF-5.

Both have 8 inch Woofers, both have 1 inch Tweeter drivers.

Things that are different.

Hi Freq cut off.

Twetter driver design

8 inch horn instead of a 7 inch horn.

I DO NOT see anything worth 700$

------------------

Living Room:

Yamaha Natural Sound A-500 Stereo Amplifier

2 Klipsch Heresys on A switch

2 Fisher STV-873 on B switch

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

If I were to upgrade, it would not be the RF-5's, it would be some used Heritage speakers or the R*-7 line. Compared to the RF-3's the RF-5's also have a completely redesigned cabinet (different bracing and size/tuning), a different crossover design, they are more efficient, and the cabinet is real wood veneer. Although there are a lot of upgrades on paper, it better sound a lot better for twice the price. And what are the matching center and surrounds for the RF-5's, is it the RC-3 or RC-7 and likewise with the surrounds. Questions, questions, questions, we all have questions.

JT