need a new computer for my 4.1

malachai

Dell & Gateway are too expensive, I just bought a new computer at www.buyabs.com Don't know what your budget is but I got a AMD T-Bird 1.33ghz, 512mb 2100 DDR, 60 gig HD, Leadtek Geforce3 64 mb DDR, Plextor 16x10x40 CDRW, 16x A-open DVD, SB LIVE 5.1 Plat. w/Livedrive IR and then some for under $1900. You can't get this set-up at Dell and @ Gateway your looking at at least $2500. ABS computers are award winning just look in PC World mag. Hope this helps? You can also get full bundles Mon,printer etc. check it out you won't be sorry. By the way I'm on the other side of the coin, I got the computer but no speakers, waiting on the 5.1s.cwm44.gif

Build it yourself. Mucho cheaper, better control over components u get. I just built an AMD Athlon 1.4 Ghz, Elsa GeForce 3, 512 MB of PC 2100, 40 GB IBM 7200 RPM HD, Epox 8k7A Mobo, Phillips Acoustic Edge, Pioneer Slot DVD, 350W Enermax PSU, ThermalRight SK6 HSF, in a Lian Li PC-68 + USB aluminum case for exactly $1320 total, after shipping. Dell/Gateway can't even come close (Dell doesn't even sell AMD).

If you're waiting to buy a new comp, hold out a little longer until the nVidia nForce based mobos arrive, I know the integrated video aint that great, but the sound part will kick ***, and the other integrated features like ethernet, modem, etc. are sweet. You can always add a geforce 3 card and disable the integrated video, and I bet it would still turn out cheaper than seperate components for everything else, plus you get the dual channel DDR memory, which is something I really want to see in action.

I wouldn't normally promote integrated solutions, but nVidia seem to have gone all out with nForce, except for the geforce2 integrated video, but then its to be expected: they would be cutting themselves short if they released a better integrated solution than their current top of the line GPU, and if you recall they've actually already done just that for the xBox.

If you have a computer right now to use, definitely hold out a little while longer.

-Jit

If your not comfortable building a system yourself, look for a local computer shop that does custom builds. I own a custom built computer business here in Calagary and I can tell you that my prices are FAR better than either Dell or Gateway. Not to mention, the extra time effort most smaller businesses will take in makeing sure your system is running just right.

Good luck