Receiver Recommendation Please

I have compared the Outlaw 1050 to a Denon 1802 and found the Outlaw much heavier, more powerful and provided more resolution. The 1050 is outdated in terms of DSP.

If all you are looking for is 2-channel then aren't there some modern used 2-channel integrated options on Audiogon under $500 that are more critically aclaimed than Yamaha and Denon? NAD would certainly be one to consider.

Sorry I was so long in posting back. I've been out talking to shops-salespeople and technicians.

After a lot of these discussions, I want to trade/exchange the Kenwood KA-6000 Amp & KT-7000 Tuner for an amplifer OR receiver that would allow a remote control unit that I could control two sets of speakers (in different rooms), a Pioneer DV-C505dvd/cd player, a turntable and a Sansung 32" stereo tv from. I just ordered an RCA D940 Remote Control Signal Sender that (I think) will allow me the flexibility to do that. My preference is an amplifier only since no one here listens to am/fm anymore. The Kenwood components are so old that a remote won't function on them and that, and a 10 year old granddaughter, are the reasons I need to trade/exchange them for something that will.

After listening to all the various people I mentioned, I still remain committed to stereo but would like to hear comments about adding a center channel for television. My primary interest is still in listening to clean, pure and loud classical and jazz music. The center channel would be to hear dialogue from movies, primarily for the grandchildren.

Thanks again.

Hi Colin,

You said, "still think vintage s-s HK is the best, even the little 330s, but you can use the TV for the center channel, I do, works great!"

I like your idea of the TV center channel! Can the center channel be turned off if playing music, is it better left on or do I have the choice?

Based on what I want, can you name a specific amp with very low THD, some bass control and plenty of power for a pair of Cornwalls? Thanks.

Thanks, but I've decided on an amplifier ONLY. Does anyone know of one, that used with a remote, will allow me to control a tv, dvd/cd, turntable and two sets of speakers in different rooms?

Please remember the idea here is; clean, powerful, spatial stereo sound for lp's and cd's.