yamaha rx-v650 with the klipsch rf 15 speakers

tzadok

ss (transistor) amps ar likely to sound harsh and thin with Klipsch speakers. This is because Klipsch speakers use very little power and at low power, many ss amps have a lot of distortion. The Yamaha you mention may be OK, but it is risky.

There are a few (digital) amps available now that don't necessarily have the low power distortion problem. Other contributors to this forum have tried them and may be able to help you.

Leo

----------------

On 6/3/2004 4:16:19 PM tzadok wrote:

hi

i'm going for the yamaha reciever rx-v650. i would like to know if the klipsch rf 15 is a good match.

thanks

tom

----------------

I know the amps in my RX-V740 are very smooth sounding for solid-state. They should match up pretty good.

----------------

On 6/4/2004 3:49:26 PM Colin wrote:

This is a mainly a Denon crowd here, Yamaha is NOT strongly recommended by many posters here...
7.gif

----------------

Ever notice the large number of refurbed Denons being sold on eBay all the time? Can't say that I've ever seen any refurbed Yamahas on there.

i work in and install for an audio/video store,w/many years experience. my choice is yamaha for klipsch speakers!!

i have standard-line sony(ES soon to come)integra(onkyo's step-up line)and yamaha's 'rxv' natural-sound series to choose from. while they are all good values,and integra is an exceptional product,i prefer to use yamaha with klipsch,and my customers agree!

avman.

----------------

On 6/3/2004 7:05:39 PM leok wrote:

ss (transistor) amps ar likely to sound harsh and thin with Klipsch speakers. This is because Klipsch speakers use very little power and at low power, many ss amps have a lot of distortion. The Yamaha you mention may be OK, but it is risky.

There are a few (digital) amps available now that don't necessarily have the low power distortion problem. Other contributors to this forum have tried them and may be able to help you.

Leo

----------------

Leo, how audible is this distortion? Within many classical music recordings I own, there are many extremely quiet passages as well many loud ones. Say a single vocal part riding on a solemn melody followed by a loud passage where the entire orchestra kicks in. Over the years, I've read a few other posts where you've mention this distortion and I would like to know exactly what I should expect to hear. My two channel consists of a pair of RB-5s and a Yamaha RX-596 receiver.

Thanks.

hi avman

i would like to know if i can purchase through you a yamaha reciever and maybe some speakers.

let me know as fast as you can (i'm about to order them from bestbuyplasma)

by the way i'm also located in florida

thanks tom