No New DD-5.1

emichon

----------------

On 6/7/2004 11:26:45 AM emichon wrote:

Well that's good news then. Hopefully it will come out soon. And I do hope it will come with the option to add a remote.

----------------

The dd5.1 always had a remote, hell you cannot operate the dd5.1 without a remote

----------------

On 6/7/2004 9:21:22 PM emichon wrote:

ahhh...I always tought it didn't have a remote...That's why I never bought one.

Well anyways I hope they add alot of new features on the new Decoder.

----------------

i guess that must suck not buying because you thought that there was no remote... I feel sorry that you didn't know

• 2 weeks later...

Amy - I'm glad to hear that the DD5.1 decoder replacement isn't a dead issue. My DD5.1 is a fine decoder/preamp. I can't imagine any features it doesn't already have, other than ProLogic II, and I use every one of them! If the replacement included ProLogic II, I just might sell my DD5.1 to someone here for the new one as long as I don't lose one of the other features I already have. It would HAVE to be a true upgrade of the DD5.1 with NO down-side.

While I'm here, I would like to openly thank all of the customer service dept. for the prompt PM5.1 exchange determination and shipment. There are times when dealing with a first class reputable company makes a BIG difference - this was one of those times. I really don't think this outcome would have occured with ANY other audio company, seriously. I would recommend Klipsch products to anyone. The new Ultra PM5.1 is a TRUE upgrade. I am VERY pleased with it's use as a livingroom HT system for my Sony 27" NHD TV and Xbox gaming system. Sweet.

Don

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to make sure that this new DD5.1 would work for me. I want to use my promedia ultra 5.1's in my living room for my HTPC setup. First off, the decoder basically works in between my computer and my TV, yes? Like a mini receiver?

Secondly, is the ultra 5.1's center channel strong enough to watch movies/listen to diologue? I've had some issues getting the center channel up high enough to cleanly hear the diologue. Any tricks on that anyways? =)

By the way, it is an apartment living room so it isn't too large but I still want to be able to listen to music, watch movies, TV, etc.

THANKS!

That's interesting...I am using the onboard sound from my Abit IS7-G and personally I think it sounds great minus the weak center channel for diologue.

Do you think it would make a difference if I upgraded to a audigy zs ad the new kilpsch decoder (if it ever comes out)? Also I have an "old" SB Live (or it might be an audigy)...would that help as well?

Thanks