No New DD-5.1

emichon

----------------

On 7/11/2004 9:53:22 AM Q-Ball wrote:

I went from my onbard soundstorm from my abit nforce 2 NF7-S and I went online and ordered a SB Audigy 2 ZS. The center channel is much better for games and movies. I was really impressed with the difference.

----------------

Do you think the Audigy is that much better than the SoundStorm ????? For movies, music and games ???

thanks alot I was just thinking about it. Also what is the different ??? The tone ? volume ? decoding ???

thanks

Also does anyone know when the next DD 5.1 will be out. I refuse to buy the old one :) if there is a new one coming soon :)

thanks

DReborn - The DD5.1 that I have in my Ultra5.1 system has too much center channel amplitude by 4db. Using a pink noise generator and SPL meter, I got a balanced R/L/C by entering -4db into the center channel of the Ultra5.1 Control Module.

The old DD5.1 is nearly ideal for use with the PM5.1/Ultra5.1 systems set up for Home Theater, and I would be very surprised if Klipsch drops the ball on it's replacement. The DD5.1 has EVERY feature you need or would use except ProLogic II. That I hope is corrected in it's replacement.

Don

well i bought a creative labs ddts-100 decoder that works great, would have bought klipsch to go with my ultras, but creative had more stuff. It decodes about everything you could imagine which is a plus, I like options. But that would be great if klipsch came out with their own and better one.

I'm currently have the DD5.1 and Ultras hooked up to my Xbox through an optical cable and I plan on hooking my tv out to my DD5.1, but I have to get the ground filter for the cable tv first. What I wanted to ask though is if anyone else has noticed that the sound quality is less when hooking your computer to the DD5.1 instead of going straight to the Ultras? The signal is stereo and the DD5.1 splits it to go to surround and it seems much quieter and with less quality. This bothered me so much I bought 3 splitters (2 female ends to 1 male end) and used them in the back of the Ultras so I could hook my DD5.1 and computer up seperately. Now it sounds wonderful, very loud and crisp. I was just wondering what you guys think. btw, if it matters, I'm using a Audigy X-Gamer soundcard.

• 2 weeks later...