How much does a pair of NEW la scalas cost?

jojo72

4 grand's a bit steep. I was thinking more along the lines of 2k. I sure wish Klipsch would post some suggested prices on their heritage line since they're almost impossible to find in stores. I thought maybe they'd sell them online or something?

Then again, maybe they don't really want to sell them at all since none of the usual stereo places (good guys, best buy, tweeter, etc.) sell them.

Regardless, I want a pair, so either new or used, I'm gonna get some, but 4,000 dollars is a bit steep, like i said above. I was kinda hoping to get them new for 2,000.

Just another thought, if the la scalas are 4k, how much are the khorns - 8k?

I just might have to look for a used set of scalas but i don't wanna get taken by scammers on Ebay who sell junk electronics for premium prices.

I've learned you're usually better off buying electronics new rather then used and spending over a grand for used la scalas seems pretty iffy. Perhaps I should look for a new set of heresys. They must be able to be had new for under 2,000 dollars, right?

jj - your estimates are correct - k-horns run about $7500 new. if you shop wisely, you should have no fear about buying used Klipsch speakers. I would venture to say that most owners of LaScala's, Belle's, and K-Horns on this forum bought them used (as well as Heresy owners). Klipsch speakers are incredibly durable. Do your due diligence and have no fear.

Any authorized Klipsch dealer can order a pair of new Heritage speakers for you, but you are unlikely to find them on display anywhere.

You should be able to get a 25-33% discount off list, for new heritage speakers; at least if you shop around a bit. So, if new la scalas list for $4500 (not sure about that), you should be able to get a pair for $3000-3500 or so.

You would think that since it is so hard to find a dealer for Heratige speakers, much less a dealer that has something in stock to listen to, Klipsch would at least sell a limited amount to Forum members at say 20 to 30 percent off list. I guarantee many of us would buy new instead of used if given this opportunity.

We're the diehard fans and think about it a certain amount of guaranteed sales is better than the inflated "maybe" sales that are sold by the "botiques"(spelling).

That's just like me, If I have a contractor that uses me exclusively, I give him the good guy discount. In converse. The one timer. Gets top price.

I think its unfair to charge two to three times cost for these beasts that the botiques charge.

Moderators are you listening????????????????????

But what if you are the guy that is paying the light bill and the rent/note on the space to warehouse and display the speakers only to have people come in to try out your speakers, only to order them direct from Klipsch at 25% off? I wouldn't stock them. The only way I, as a retailer would do that deal would be the way my dad and I used to work with a furniture wholsaler. We would give the customer a card with the percent markup we expected, and the wholsaler would send us our markup after the sale. The customer had to do all the delivery and set-up themselves. We never touched the merchandise.

I get the feeling that there's little effort from the top brass at Klipsch to market and sell the Heritage. I just don't think they respect PWK's "way" of building speakers enough to keep it going. What would Paul be building right now if he was still heading up the company? I bet it wouldn't be RF7's. I don't think UPS shipping requirements would be part of the equation when designing a new speaker.

No they wouldn't be as profitable.

Greg