Need help on waht to buy ...

TIbor

Hi

Well since I am due to have a baby(well the wife is). This will probably be my last purchase for a while..When I moved about 3 years ago I dropped my cd player and it broke. I have been using my dvd player for cds when neccasary. I currently have a Toshiba progessive scan dvd player(paid about 140 for it at BB about 2 yrs ago). I dont know if I am better off buying a 6 dvd/cd changer, or a cd changer. cant do both since my budget is at 500 tops! I am happy with my dvd player I have know, and I wonder if I was to get a newer one what type of improvemnts can I expect if any!!... SACD would be nice but not a must since I would probably say I am 90% DVD and 10 % music

Also I really would like a silver faceplate

PS

Still battling my tv hourglass shape in widescreen mode. Tv tech couldnt fix it at home, looks like it will need to go in for service!

OK the DVD changer would be the most versatile, as you could use your existing unit to play both and the changer as well. You could cue up or preselect multiple disks for playback. Of the newer changer units I have looked at Denon/Yamaha...I have found none that played both SACD and DVD Audio. That having been said I do no know if this is a big deal since your primary focus is on movies vice musical content. So I guess I would say go with the DVD changer

Thats what I have been thinking, my next question is how much better can a say 200 dollar dvd changer and 500+ actaully be. Most players now are progessive scan with digital outs (either optical or coaxial..usually both) I dont need it to have a decoder since my reciever is more than glad to do it. Then three is dvi output but I have heard mixed reviews with that!

Hmmm

The Denon 2200 comes in Silver(single disc DVD Audio and SACD). What area do you live? You can check out www.crutchfield.com for specs and then try and find a better deal locally? I'm using a 6 disk JVC XV-FA95 on my second setup, good player, does MP3, DVD Audio, CD-RW, fiber out, component output lil' over 300. I've had it for two years, good solid player.

From experience of having both, single DVD would work fine with me unless you are going to keep your favorites on the tray. I rarely take advantage of that.... I do kinda miss a multiple dedicated CD player sometimes(very rarely) just for random play. The 2200 offers more practicality for what I use the majority of the time, you can get deals if you hunt around. Denon is very strict with authorized retailers, heads up. :o)

Hi

I live in nj..I have the new crutchfield catalog. I will take a look. I would love for a denon but I think.. to get want I want it will get pricey. How much better are these newer and more expensive dvd players? If there isnt much of difference in mine verse newer dvd. I might just go for the cd changer I keep going back and forth on it!

Well I am happy with my current one but I have nothing to weigh it against. My last dvd player was a sony, I bought in 2000 for 500 bucks I think it was there flagship model and it had a horrible lip-sync problem..it was fixed like three times

Thanks for you thoughts

Tibor,

Check out this place in NJ then, you won't be disappointed www.interstateelectronics.com or iei. They are in Hazlet NJ(exit 117 on the Parkway), yeah no NJ jokes about everything is relative to the parkway. Ask for Larry, he's a real good guy and a straight shooter. If he doesn't have it he'll get it, last I talked to them(last week) they had the 2200's in black or silver in stock. Call (732) 264-3900. They do not sell from their website or ship, you'll have to get in the car and cruise. Real cool setup, kinda like a East Coast Frey's but its a MomNPop Shop. Give Larry a call and let me know how you make out. People are real friendly and helpful. Highly recommend. I have purchased from them and I sent a friend there to and he grabbled some gear. He was very pleased with the service. They are authorized for Denon and Klipsch(many more). Cheers. 16.gif