Need more speakers!

TommyC

Don't we all? 9.gif

Well, someone here predicted it and it has happened. After having my Heresys hooked up to my wife's system downstairs, I have finally moved them into my rapidly developing listening room upstairs. I reconnected her Sony speakers to her system and her response was "I don't think so!!" She has taken it upon herself to upgrade her speakers now and has located a pair of Beautiful Oak KG4s for $250. I looked at them and they Look brand new! Unfortunately, he didn't have anything to hook them to so I could hear them. The owner says he bought them new in 1988. How do the KG4s sound compared to the Heresys. Also, $250 seems a bit high based on what I am seeing on ebay, but there would be no shipping hassle. What are your thoughts on these? I told her we could probably find some more Heresys pretty quickly, but she is one of the few people I know who are Less patient than I am! As always, Thanks!!

The KG4's will have better bass response than the Heresy, but may lack some of the midrange presence due to the two-way design. The are an overall excellent sounding speaker, and for $250 in mint condition and local to you the price is more than fair. You don't have to worry about what you are getting or if they will be damaged in shipment to you because you can see them first hand. Jump on them your wife will not be disappointed with them at all.

I agree, mint condition, local dealer, Kg4s, $250, you can't go wrong. I've recommended the Kg4s to many people and bought several pairs to build systems for friends and have never been disappointmented. Although I have larger, better, more expensive speakers I'll never sell my Kg4s. The other speakers in the same line are also good (Forte, Quartet, KG2,...). I'm not a big fan of the '.' series (Kg4.2, KV2.2,...).