Aragon vs. B&K

RRRush

Quick Poll, which Amp is better for the RF7, RC7, RS7 setup in 5.1 -

Aragon 2005

B&K 2005

I started a new thread to hopefully get a quick poll and then the thread will disappear. Plus the amp options have limited down to these two, I think. :o/ Let's try to stick to these two amps.

Do you have the ability to go listen to both of these? If so that will make you happier than our opinion.

My money is on Aragon, though you won't be unhappy with either. They both have a slightly warm sound IMHO. They are both aesthetically pleasing. They are comparable price-wise.

----------------

On 6/17/2004 3:20:21 PM RRRush wrote:

Quick Poll, which Amp is better for the RF7, RC7, RS7 setup in 5.1 -

Aragon 2005

B&K 2005

----------------

Thats a tough one! I personally have a B&K amp myself, and it sounds just friggan incredible with the full Reference 7 speaker package.

At the same time, I've heard the Aragon stuff on various models of Klipsch over the weekend in Indy at Klipsch HQ, and it does indeed sound fabulous.

To be honost, given the choice, I may have opted for the Aragon myself, but I am sure as hell happy with the B&K. I originally was jonesing for a B&K Ref 50 pre-amp, but I think I am going to seriously lookin into the Aragon Stage One pre-amp instead, when it comes time to upgrade from the Denon AVR3802 that I am currently using as a pre-amp. But I digress....

To answer your question. The only real way is to listen to both of those units side-by-side and go with the one you like better. If it truly ends up being a toss-up, then go with the one that you can find a better deal on (in my case, it was the B&K, as nobody around had any of the Aragon available, and I did not really want to order something that pricy over the internet - I wanted the local dealer support in case any problems arises).

I've been wanting to listen to Aragon for a while, but getting someone in my area to actually commit to listening and selling one(all contractors - no retail).... The B&K I can get locally, I've listened to and like a lot. I agree with you on buying locally, important here to.... Although onecall.com has been tempting sometimes. :o/

As maybe one of the few who has listend to both, I will say the Aragon. As I have said numerous times, I do believe this is a great piece of equipment and you know Aragon spent some time making sure it sounded fantastic with Klipsch too. (Klipsch ownes Aragon)

Either way, I think your looking at great gear in either case. I just know you will be happy with the Klipsch Aragon combination.