Sub for Heresy II

dr-dezibel

Heresys roll off pretty early, so they really do need a sub to shine... What kind of budget you looking at? If you give us an indication of your budget and preferences such as the importance of size of the unit versus price/performance ratio... maybe we can steer you in the right direction.

There are many subs that go well with a Heresy... take a look at these recent threads for example...

looking to match a pair of heresy's

RSW-12 w/heresy's!

Heresy/subwoofer

Give us some more hints... and we'll try to narrow it down for you...

Rob

My budged is about 800-1000$.

I'm in contact with svs. They recommend the 2039+. My room is not very large. To find a place for a tube i'll have to rearrange my room.

Sunfire are small but too expensive and i'm not sure wether they can keep up with the heresys.

Another possibility is two smaller (and cheaper) box subwoofers like the ksw12 so i can place the heresys upon them. This would make placement easier. Would this make sense.

RSW 12.. Great choice. Klipsch goes with Klipsch... It is that simple. Unless you can borrow someone elses SVS sub, I would stay away. IMO and yes I know it is my opinion, but a lot of you on here really need to look harder at the Klipsch lineup of subs. This story the SVSers keep saying like they make a great speakers, but suck at subs is pure BS. The ksw is an ok, but out of date, easy to find, sub. The new Reference lineup is fantastic. Do yourself a favor and audition them IN YOUR HOUSE, not what is hyped over the net.

A very happy RSW 15 owner!!

----------------

On 6/19/2004 5:01:37 AM dr-dezibel wrote:

My budged is about 800-1000$.

I'm in contact with svs. They recommend the 2039+. My room is not very large. To find a place for a tube i'll have to rearrange my room.

Sunfire are small but too expensive and i'm not sure wether they can keep up with the heresys.

Another possibility is two smaller (and cheaper) box subwoofers like the ksw12 so i can place the heresys upon them. This would make placement easier. Would this make sense.

----------------

Unfortunately the RSW series subs will be over budget in Germany... but the RW-12 sub is a very good, basic unit. I wouldn't bother with the KSW as an equivalent RW will easily outperform it for about the same price.

There are quite a few Sunfire models available... so it's not really fair to say that they won't keep up with the Heresy... but even the SuperJR will probably be over budget.

If you look at SVS, don't forget to factor in shipping, taxes, duty, brokerage (avoid UPS), etc... to it's sale price. Their strong point is "bang for the buck" but its price performance ratio may drop once you get it to your door step.

Obviously retail prices on subs will vary given your geographical location... so there may be some other great price/performance subs there, which are overlooked in other countries. For example, in Canada, we can get some interesting deals on Paradigm, and Energy units. For you, some REL units may (or may not) fall into you price range.

Let us know how your hunt goes...

Rob

"Although SVS2039+ will be 1000$ including shipping door to door it fits my budged. Price/performance ratio will still be good if this sub is as good as the owners say or is it all a hype???? Can't believe that."

=====================================================================================

Not all hype, but hype it is... I still say your missing the boat here. You sound like yet another SVS plant... Soon followed with they have ----customer service Mr. ----who I spoke with, had great observations about my particular system (Does that mean they use Klipsch for everything else at SVS??) -----I got it in the mail..... blah blah blah blah blah..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Look, SVS is a internet option. We all know it too well this type of hype and advertisements on the Klipsch BB. I think we as Klipsch owners get tired of the "hype" and the use of "our" boards for their advertisements. Especially when we read the all too familiar wording too. I would love if SVS had an open forum on the SVS board and see how they feel with being bombarded with competitors products daily and ranting how their products suck compared to XYZ's sub out there.... Especially with people who also use this line... I have never heard SVS but, xyz kicks svs serious @$$ !!

I find it amazing Klipsch lets this go on and on and on myself.

Next time you ask for an opinion, you might want to look up the facts and listen to what some have proposed to you too. We like to help people on here. Your out of no where, without any conversation, and leading to the obvious SVS connection leads me to think your nothing more than another SVS advertisement.

And BTW the word is budget!

I wonder what Klipsch sub might have also worked or matched for what you wanted for 1,000?

----------------

On 6/20/2004 5:34:17 PM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

I find it amazing Klipsch lets this go on and on and on myself.

----------------

I actually admire Klipsch for allowing it, as I see it as a sign of confidence in their product.

Klipsch, SVS, and many others make good subs, with different compromises for different people. Price performance ratio is something often decided upon by the marketing dept based on the target audience and direct competition. It doesn't always pay to have the lowest price on the block when it comes to audio... it's a complicated balance.

Roger: BTW, did you get to audition the "tube" vs the Klipsch subs at the open house? I know Trey mentioned they had bought a couple tubes, but I haven't seen any discussions about it on here? I obviously wasn't there 5.gif, so i'm just curious...

Later...

Rob

PS: I noticed I previously replied to the same question... with the same suggestions. At least I'm consistant... 2.gif

Indy,

I maybe out of nowhere (Bavaria/Germany) but Im no advertising manager of svs!

Ive heard of svs for the first time here at this forum and many own and recommend them, so I dont see any fault to put them in my choice. I want the best sub for about 1 grand that can keep up with the heresys no matter what brand.

Im into stereo for about 20 years but new to HT and have no experience with subs. The only sub Ive heard a few weeks ago was the ksw15. My dealer doesnt carry the reference subwoofer models so I cant compare them and have to buy them as blind as an SVS or REL or Sunfire.

Therefore I came to this forum for recommendations and opinions of those who own the same speakers.

"System is used 40% music/concert-dvds, 30% games and 30% movies."

Are you sure its not going to be 41% music, 28.5% games and 30.5% movies?

If you are off by 0.0001% your experience may be ruined ...FOREVER!

11.gif

Any RSW12 or 15 would do,any SVS Plus seris too.Any HSU,Sunfire Mark IV and up would too.

IndyKlipschFan:

Your statement:

"You sound like yet another SVS plant"....makes you sound like a KLIPSCH plant! Just because so many folks LIKE SVS and think it's a good speaker for their systems, does not mean they should be quiet about it.

Interesting - with so much of the "censorship" (as people call it) going on around here, now you are suggesting that any dialogue related to other PRODUCTS besides Klipsch should also be censored? You are surprised that Klipsch even puts up with it? What??

OK, guys, no more talk about SET, or PP, or Eico, or Scott, or anything having to do with another company's products. How ridiculous is that? SVS plant - give me a break.

Popbumper14.gif

I maybe out of nowhere (Bavaria/Germany) but Im no advertising manager of svs!

The out of nowhere..did not mean your location. It meant your wording like a sales brochure.. The "price/performansce issue was answered by the obvious choice....SVS." Thats what I meant.

=============================================================

Popbumper..

"Interesting - with so much of the "censorship" (as people call it) going on around here, now you are suggesting that any dialogue related to other PRODUCTS besides Klipsch should also be censored? You are surprised that Klipsch even puts up with it? What??"

I was not calling for censorship... I have never been in favor of censorship on, or of any form, whether I agree with it or not on any level. (So you know where I come from too.) I am also not employed in any way by Klipsch, so I make that clear too.

For my example.. "Why I do feel these posts are frustrating to read? When people come to a Klipsch site, I am assumming they are 1) first looking at what Klipsch options they might find. And 2) what others also use too. But many come here new to Klipsch products too.

Lets look at this from say you own a Wendy's hamburger place. You have marketing stuff on Wendy's and a internet post room about what things your coming out with. This includes current and new customers. This is one way how you communicate and market your products. And yes, look for feedback too.

On your site you get both good and bad comments, which you agree your gonna get just by being on the net. Some are "constructive critisisms" too, which are helpful to you.

The ones that puzzle you to no ends as a Wendy's owner , are say ones posted by McDonalds lovers.. or what seems like employees of Mc Donalds too. (They use McDonalds speak in thier replies on your Wendy's board. It is a language all McDonalds seem to talk in thier industry. They probably learn it at McDonalds University too.) You see patterns like " Well I have never eaten a Wendy's hambuger.. But I know price/ yumminess of McDonalds is far superior to what you have. I talked with my second cousin, uncle, twice removed daddy, who sais McDonalds is the best, so without tasting Wendy's, I know this McDonalds is the perfect option/solution/ performance for me!!

All I am saying is this, Klipsch has wonderful subs at many price breaks/ performance desires too. To assume they know nothing about making low sub sounds come out of a box amazes me to those blindly who never even take the time to find out themselves.

I hope I used a great analogy for you to follow.

Nice story Indy, but let's get back to business!

I've thought about it and came to the conclusion that placement is the greatest problem due to room limitations.

So I will raise my budget and think about the sunfire models.

Can the true keep up with heresy or shall go for the signature??

dr-dezibel,

I use a Sunfire Super Junior with my Heresy's and it blends with them perfectly. I am sure that the Sunfire Signature will do a bang up job as well. In fact, the subs have very "fast" bass that is excellent for HT and music. So, I think ANY of the Sunfire series subs will keep up with your Heresys.

You are very smart to consider room placement for your subwoofer. Most subwoofer placement becomes somewhat of a comprimise due to impractical placement areas and size of the sub (who wants a big black box in the middle of their room??). Since the Sunfire models are small, placement is easier and you are more likely to place them in their optimal position.