And God Bless you too, Buffalo Bill

TBrennan

Reference was to Dabney Coleman series "Buffalo Bill"

Dabney played arrogant, abrasive, mean spirited host of TeeVee series. Final episode had character saying "God Bless You, Buffalo Bill" as series went off air. Joke was director threw up after saying that to Dabney.

Correlates with Tom saying Bye Bye to certain folk who've indicated they're out of here.

Ray---No, the reference is to a picture from the late 1940s called Buffalo Bill, with Joel McCrae, directed by famous "man's director" William Wellman.

At the end of the picture an old, white-haired Cody is bidding an farewell at the end of the last performence of his Wild West show.

After the mounted Cody wishes his audience a God Bless a crippled kid in the peanut gallery stands, and leaning precariously on his crutches shouts out "And God Bless you too, Buffalo Bill". I think the kid was one of the famous Watsons.

In a filmed interview I saw Wellman said that after he hollered "print" he turned around and threw up.

Evidently the TV show was doing a homage to Wellman for those who know the story.

The picture featured a huge, vigorous battle in a river between American cavalry and Sioux. Shots from that scene have been used in many subsequent pictures.

Seven Beauties is a picture by the strange Italian director Lina Wertmueller. I'm surprised nobody here has seen the picture, it's quite famous. Anyway anybody that has knows exactly what I'm referring to.