2 channel forum

Amy

I agree. Amy's making the best out of a difficult situation. No, it's not going to solve all the problems, but if it reduces the flame wars and other such garbage, then I'm all for it. This is what's been decided, and as guests of the Klipsch Forums, we need to follow suit if we want to enjoy the privilege of using the 2-channel forum.

Anarchist----I understand that language evolves but I don't much hold with this making of nouns into verbs which is so common nowadays. It's generally inelegant and facile, lazy, and has a ring of "starbuckness" to it. Reminds me of the self-important characters one sees having meetings in MicroSoft commercials.

On the other hand such usage does have the virtue of being easily understood but then so do other terms for the same idea; problem solving, finding a solution, and so on. Though such terms are not as brief brevity itself is no virtue. I've plenty of time to talk.2.gif

Tom,

I generally agree with you on this matter - my 'just another noun' statement was facetious. I also tend to dislike euphanisms.

You name starbucks, I name "MTV" and the sad state of education. Is education politics? Screw it, better not talk about this.

DD, you are kidding me. The POTUS says it that way? See how much attention I pay to speeches. I thought I was on to something novel.