2 channel forum

Amy

• Moderators

If you can't find your thread, please check General Questions before attacking the moderator. I have moved the recent non-2 channel questions, which will be the case from now on.

This forum has been a free-for-all for insults by a few regulars, which have unfortunately tainted the quality of the Klipsch forum. It's a shame that having new rules have rubbed these people so wrong that they feel they have to leave (if this is indeed the reason they are leaving).

I'm not backing down from my position, so honestely, if you don't like it, then I thank you for your past constructive contributions, and I wish you luck in the future. I think it's a shame you can't adjust, and some personalities will be missed.

I, for one, am glad you have taken some modicum of control over the "free for all" two channel forum. I too have lost some interest in the forum due to a very few poorly raised, foul tempered jerks. now that you zap these bozos when they out of hand I have begun to read some posts, and even post myself from time to time. hopefully the bad element here will move to AA or audioreview or somewhere they can vent their spleens...but not here...regards, tony

Hello:

Just a point of clarification needed.

I will stae before questing, that I will follow the rules.

Is it still acceptable to offer to Forum Members Items for Sale if you are not commercial?

One other point needed. As was posted, two (2) Forum Members expressed their feelings - one (1) Venting and then informing, the second requesting civility within the Forum?

dodger

What exactly is this going to accomplish?

2-ch had become a section of this larger forum where those with certain tastes and audio goals have come to congregate. I'm curious as to why that needs to change.

----------------

On 6/18/2004 11:39:41 AM Amy wrote:

This forum has been a free-for-all for insults by a few regulars, which have unfortunately tainted the quality of the Klipsch forum. It's a shame that having new rules have rubbed these people so wrong that they feel they have to leave.

Unfortunately, the ones who left aren't the ones that were doing all the baiting, insulting, and harm. Those folks remain here on the forum. Did they leave because of the changes... or because the changes don't actually address the problem.

I haven't seen a fight on here about politics (for instance) but I have seen several now in the last week on audio specifically Jazz, Poetry, For Sale, SET, Repair services, etc.

Just do what you think you have to do. What more can we ask.

• Moderators

Why does it need to change?

Aren't the reasons obvious? Why shouldn't it change? Why does 2-channel audio have to be so volatile? Why do so many off-topic conversations have to be here?

When the majority of 2 channel posters told me privately this section of the forum was in the most need of "work," I listened to them. I'm taking steps to make it a better place. Please bear with the growing pains. Change can be good.

The first step in solutioning a problem is to understand the problem; solutioning the symptoms does not eliminate the problem.

A change which merely masks the problem does not cure the disease; so far the steps taken are precisely of this ilk.

I understand you have received many PMs from people. It is a difficult situation to resolve but not understanding the history and patterns make it difficult to assess the situation, i.e. the post welcoming you and your moderation was filled with hypocrisy.

Folks who most expressed salvation and gratitude were the same people who are at the center of every flame war on this board (or within the two channel forum to be correct.)

Heck, Amy, you are about to have a baby. Forget about this nonsense. Concentrate on yourself and enjoy your new baby when it arrives. Things will be what they are.

----------------

On 6/18/2004 7:16:11 PM Anarchist wrote:

How do you pronounce that one DD? Strateejuree? Hot dang it. I will have to introduce that in the boardroom with the executives. Might be able to get a bonus out of that one.
1.gif
----------------

You've got the pronunciation exactly right. Be careful introducing it in the Boardroom though, they might think you are making fun of the way POTUS says it!9.gif