By request: a discussion of Best Buy sales and pricing tactics

----------------

On 6/19/2004 4:38:13 PM Indyjeep wrote:

Now as a current employer of this company...And your back killing you? Get new shoes....my mom is a nurse at a major hospital and she works 12 hour days on her feet yet her back doesnt hurt.

----------------

Get new shoes? That's just a foul thing to say. Your profile says you're 19. So I think you meant you were an EMPLOYEE, not an EMPLOYER. And your mother being a nurse and being on her feet for 12 hours straight? Well that's terrific for her, clap clap, but sorry, not everybody is wonder woman like your mom.

Don't feed into it Nicholti - he's looking to get a rise.

However, I'd love to see how he would do 8 hours (three breaks or not) with two ruptured discs and a fractured vertebrae in his lower back. New shoes or not.

Re: my installation business....

If I were actually generating enough business to keep me and my one contractor busy 40 hours a week, then yes, I'd be making a nice chunk of change. As it sits right now, every penny I make goes right back into the business - current project is stashing away enough money to lay a down payment on a large house in a residential/commercial district to use for demonstrations. Just the equipment investment alone is going to set me back around $65-70K - but in the end paying a mortgage is going to end up a lot cheaper than paying for retail showroom space. Side benefit is that people will get to hear and see the equipment in a real-world deployment, and be able to see exactly how good we are at our jobs....

Get new shoes? That's just a foul thing to say. Your profile says you're 19. So I think you meant you were an EMPLOYEE, not an EMPLOYER. And your mother being a nurse and being on her feet for 12 hours straight? Well that's terrific for her, clap clap, but sorry, not everybody is wonder woman like your mom.

----------------

I am sorry about that comment, but if your back is killing you and you have 2 ruptured discs...than why are you still there? I mean if its hurting more than do something else. I dont mean to come off as a prick but seriously a job is a job. I've seen worse than what BB does.

----------------

On 6/20/2004 3:18:22 PM Indyjeep wrote:

I am sorry about that comment, but if your back is killing you and you have 2 ruptured discs...than why are you still there? I mean if its hurting more than do something else. I dont mean to come off as a prick but seriously a job is a job. I've seen worse than what BB does.

----------------

Heh. When Best Buy and Wal-Mart are the best paying jobs around, because all the manufacturing in the area has been outsourced, you don't have "job is a job" kinds of choices.