sound card for the 5.1s....

will my sound blaster live! x-gamer. or will i need a different one?

also, is there an upgrade or a trade-in that i can do to get the 5.1s or no? the new ones look sweet but i don't want to have to spend another 300 bux or whatever the cost is, i'm low on cash and thats not really an option.

also, is there a reason why my sub seems to make a long thumping noise thats not bass related when i play games or watch movies. its like the driver is hitting the cage on the outside of the sub or something.

If you've got the v.2-400 and the X-gamer Live, your system is pretty good already. You could get a better system, but you'd have to go $500 to do it....you might be able to sell your old speaker and sound card as a package on e-bay, for example. Or it's possible to change out the sound card and the speakers one at a time for incremental improvement; but neither change by itself is going to make enough of a difference for someone on a tight budget, IMO.

As for the woofer problem; do you have a microphone hooked up? It could be feedback causing the noise. Also, if you are using software bass boost, it could cause additional distortion in your speakers.

------------------

Klipsch ProMedia Customer Service # is

1-888-554-5665

I own the SBL! XG and the 4.1 Pros and it is a great system. To me, there is no real reason that warrants the buying of the 5.1 system. The 4.1 is a great set for a computer system and even DVD. I do not see a reason to have a center channel for computer DVD.

The SBL! XG will work with the 5.1 as it does have 5.1 channel output.

• 2 weeks later...