RF-35's Ports are loose and Rattle.

Pako

Has anyone experienced this? Are the ports flanged with screws where I just need to take a speaker out to access the screws for the Port?

I was hoping to get some advise before I started taking apart my speakers.

Thanks

Thanks,

They would have to ship it to they're repair center....., that would put me 2-weeks out...ugh. I think I would fall on the ground and start shaking and foaming at the mouth if I had to wait that long with out music....

Might give that number a call. It looks like just a couple of Torque screws...11.gif, but I'll call Klipsch first.

Thanks Michael!

Pako,

Just an FYI. At times it might take a while to get a response back to your posts, maybe upwards of 24 hours. It was fine to bump it after 2 hours, but sometimes it will take more than that for someone to respond. It is not as quick as some other forums that are out there, but the quality of the replies is usually high.

lancestorm,

Thanks for the heads up! I'll try to stifle myself in the future and refrain from expecting lightning fast responses. When you're used to near 'live-chat' speeds, it can be difficult at times to sit a wait, but as you said.....quality of posts are more important to me than some eleven year old kid telling me I "should just silicone the ports, that's what everyone does you n00b!" two minutes after I post my thread. :-)

Just to followup with this post, I called Tech support and spoke with (I believe his name was) Brian. Very nice guy, and very helpful. Turns out the ports are pressure fitted. This was good news, as all it meant was that I needed to pull the port out, apply some silicone, and push the port back in. Simple fix. The problem was that the whole the port goes into was just a little too big. I would guess that I'm not going to be the only one with loose ports showing up. :)

Cheers

That is a workmanship defect and Klipsch should replace the speaker in my opinion, very poor quality control. My KSW-15 was a POS the port was loose and falling out, I had to silicone it and reseat it, then the trim ring around the woofer came loose and had to be siliconed as well. What junk! To think it listed for $750 and I paid $500 for it, I certainly hope it was an isolated incident but having been on the forum awhile I have seen a number of complaints on build quality which steers me away from purchasing any of the newer Klipsch products for those very reasons. Hope you can get it fixed, I would still have my dealer order me a new one to replace it if it is still under warranty.