CompuServe Nazis:

davmar

CompuServe Nazis: My old fecal material laptop crashed, so I just went out and bought a replacement, all I required on it was decent storage, writable cd, windows xp. I bought a Toshiba at CompuServe. I went around town and looked then came back to CompuServe and told the guy I wanted it, and then the trouble started. He wanted to know if it was for me or a company, upon my reply for me he started a tirade about the warranty plan, I stopped him, and he told me he would get his supervisor and he would finish the sale. Mr. Whiteshirt came over and restarted the warranty mantra with Why dont you want the plan? Then went into quoting Consumer Report and President Bush, I stopped him to and told him I did not want to hear it. His reply was that I HAD to hear it; I said you have to be f#&@ing kidding me, when I was told that I did not have to be rude, AND I would listen to his speech or I could get my computer elsewhere!

Anyone else get this lockstep treatment?

Guest fultonm

It doesn't surprise me. Toshiba laptops are one of the worst I have ever seen for returns. The only other brand that I have seen that has or had just as bad of return rate was the dreaded Packard Bell's of the late mid 90's.

We switched to Dell lap tops about a year ago because the last batch of Toshiba laptops that we bought Most of them had to be returned for repair/replacement because of various problems with hard drives and displays going bad.

If you bought the Toshiba then you NEED the extended warranty. I would never buy a Toshiba again. I personally have a Compaq/HP of my own that is a work horse. I only bought it because I could not beat the price at the time.

Dell has a M60 laptop that was rated top of its class with best wireless system. Battery last longer then any other and Wireless had best range. It isn't cheap, about $3000 to start. But between the quality of product and the incredible technical support I highly recommend them.

I almost never buy the extended warranty and probably would have told the "White Shirt" the same thing. That is were they (The Reseller) make a majority of there money is on those extended warranty.

Now at the company I work for we always buy the extended warranty to the max time allowed. With Dell they will only support a PC/Server/Laptop for 5 years from the date of sale. We do the desktops/laptops for 4 years and then start rotating them out and the servers for 5 years and start rotating them out.

Davmar,

I concur with fultonm, to buy a Dell.........better warranty, and service.... The salesman may have just been doing the Compuserve standard warranty line, just like B/B does for their sales........ But either way, I would NOT do any business with them.

Hope you find something good..........

• 2 weeks later...

davmar,

Your signature says a MANLEY MAN! Is this for this forum only?

Listen if ANYONE tries to force ME anything I do not want I stop them right in their tracks and REFUSE it. It was YOUR RIGHT as a human being to demand they do not force down your throat some warranty plan you do not want.

I was in sales a few years back and I know when to stop when the customer would show his/her displeasure about me forcing some warranty plan(read grotesque money making and FREE MONEY).

When some salesman tries to sell me any warrany plan I say NO WAY HOSE,and if he plays tought guy he loses.I would call the manager,and if the manager was acting the same i would make a complaint to the head office,get the name(s) of the minimum wage dogs who tried to force feed you the UNWANTED waranty plan.

remember you live in a FREE country and its your RIGHT to REFUSE the BS these low life humanoids were trying to force feed you.

End of story