Promedia DD-5.1 as only preamp in integrated entertainment center

Hi. I have a very mixed set of stereo / multimedia separates including three very good stereo power amps, but a pre-amp that is now completely outdated, and up to now no way of running 5.1 sound sources without a lot of re-plugging.

The question is this:

Is the sound quality of the DD-5.1 good enough to use not only as a sound processor and node for my multimedia sources, but also as a regular stereo preamp for my good old-fashioned stereo system? That way I really can have an integrated system that does everything.

Cheers!

• Klipsch Employees

I used the DD-5.1 in my HT for about a year. It used the same chipset as our Aragon $4k processor. What you will find is when you change from stereo to DD or DTS or Input you will hear a click which is the relay closing. I just tried to remember to mute the system before making changes. Other than that, it will work very well.

• Klipsch Employees

Yes, but I do recant a bitthe chipset is the same as what is in the first version ACT-3 not the Aragon unit. My badstill a good processor. The DD-5.1 is not the end all for small processors, but it is one of, if not the best little unit I have heard. The functions of a true processor or receiver are better, but the DD-5.1 is a very good low cost alternative.