speaker connection question

Ok. Up till now I've had seperate speakers for my home theater and 2 channel audio setup. I finally got my Klipsch Cornwalls I've wanted and bout a reference center and reference surrounds today. I want to cut down on some clutter. I have my room with my receiver for home theater and my tube amp for audio. Can I hook up the cables from the receiver and tube amp to the back of my Cornwall's as long as only one is on at a time so I dont have to switch wires when listening to one or the other? Thanks.

That's the way I do it my living room and I haven't had any problems, However, strongly suggest you use banana plugs. What you want is one pair of the speaker wirer to be aatached to a side-loaded banana clip that then plugs directly into the back of your speaker. For the next set use back-loaded banana clips which then plug directly into the back of the first set of clips. You'll get a better connection and it makes swapping out equipment very easy.

They are$4-$5 a pair at www. partsexpress.com