thoughts on Pioneer DV-578A SACD/DVD-A player

tpg

Hi all-

Although I just ordered a turntable and have not even received that yet, I am already in an upgrading mood. I read a thread about SACD... and it made me remember that I had been wanting an SACD player. I also remembered that there was a Pioneer one available that did SACD and DVD-A for cheap. So, I looked it up... Info about it is here. Does anyone think it is worthwhile? Has anyone used it? Thoughts? Impressions? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

• Moderators

Sorry about that don't know what i did? To somewhat answer your question i got a pioneer 563 A around christmas. It plays SACD and DVD-A they sound very good to me, better than a good concert dvd. As far as dvd movies go it looks and sounds as good as players costing much more. I Know it is not the DV 578A but i think it may be close ? I could not have done better for the price $179.00 at bb.

Thanks for the reply. From reading the specs, it looked like a solid player... I just wanted to see if anyone else had exerience with them. Your model seems closely related to the one I was looking at... so I may give one of these a go. Thanks again. 1.gif

So far so good on my 563A.

I don't have the mega video display to watch movies on so I cannot compare how it looks to anything else. I'm sure if one were doing A/B comparisons between this model and one costing $1000 -- some slight differences could be heard somewhere. But for $130 and the fact that I get to listen to DVDa and SACD it is worth every penny and then some.

At the time I could not justify spending a ton more money for something that may sound 'slightly' better when interpreting 1's and 0's.9.gif