Marantz ?

BobbyT

This is not exactly the reply you're looking for, but... I've used Heresies with Marantz receivers for years, and they've always sounded great. I've added an RC-3 in the mix for home theater (with a Marantz SR-18), which worked out really well.

I'm about to go back to the world of 2-channel audio, and I'll probably be going with the Reference series--paired with the SR-18 for now. I'm pretty much sold on the Maranzt/Klipsch combination.

I use a Marantz SR7400 and Klipsch RB/C/S-25s and could NOT be happier w/ the sound!! I love the clarity and detail provided by this combo. Marantz doesn't get mentioned around very much, so whenever I can I always try to tell people to at least give them a listen.

John

Thanks for the replies.

----------------

On 7/10/2004 10:17:54 PM ZootAllures wrote:

This is not exactly the reply you're looking for

----------------

I actually had 2 channel in mind when asking this question, along with home theater. I'm thinking of pairing a Marantz PM 7200 with a pair of RF7s. The 7200 has a class A mode that puts out 25 watts of pure class A power and class A/B mode that is 95 watts. I believe that class A mode with the RF7s would sound incredible. Plus the 7200 can be had for $499 new. I'm also about due for a receiver upgrade for surround and I'm heavily considering Marantz for this as well.

I am trying to find a good center match for my Heresy's driven buy a Marantz SR 8400 I just bought. I couldn't agree more a Klipsch/Marantz combo is about as good as it gets. I just had a Marantz 1200 integrated amp brought back to life and have that with my cornwalls in our vacation home, I would put that set-up against anything on the planet, literally brings a tear to my eye sitting in front of that package from my youth.

----------------

On 7/11/2004 9:53:31 AM missmycornwalls wrote:

...I couldn't agree more a Klipsch/Marantz combo is about as good as it gets...

----------------

That's exactly why I try to recommend for people to at LEAST give a Marantz a listen. I knew it would sound good, but I didn't expect it to sound THAT good.

John