Am I crazy or what>?

TIbor

Now real quick here is the problem, I bought a Toshiba 36hf73 about 4 months ago for about 1600 bucks. The first one had a hour glass curve on the top left and bottom left corners(most easily seen during a widescreen dvd or when a straight line is displayed on the screen for example my tv guide function). The top left is the most noticable. I returned it w/ the dealer that hasseled me on it being returned. The second one did the same thing( I believe to be from the way the rolled the box!! I got a tech guy out, couldnt fix it from the service menus(although here had the manual for the prev year model, which was missing alot of the explanation for the newer menu adjustments). He said he could take it to the shop, but I was not prepared for that, cables, speakers. I didnt want to just tear it out real quick. Now I am thinking about bringing it in my self w/ some help. Now it is a heavy unit which barely fits in the center, and in the basement! Take a look at the pic is the curvature bad or is it me.

P.S I had the 32 inch model for the year before with such curve

THanks7.gif7.gif7.gif7.gif7.gif

post-13414-13819257082732_thumb.jpg

I can see what you're talking about. I would say you're not crazy.

BTW, the way you did those pics makes it look like you have two TVs. The one "small" one IN the entertainment center and the HUGE one on top of the entertainment center. (Both have the hook problem though.)

John

Just to chime in, I have experienced nothing but bad quality with toshiba hdtvs. Never again will I buy anything toshiba. I have a 32hfx something or another for about 3 years now. Although it works fine, there are some faint white lines going through the center and sides of the picture. It's not noticeable on dark backgrounds but whenever the background is light, like a view of the sky, then it is very noticeable. And this is after having returned the tv 2 times at future shop. On my third set, I finally gave up because of all the hassle and learned to live with it. I hate my tv though.

Yeah it always such a pain and hassle to get the tv out with the wires and all and everytime I take the tv out it damages the pine ent center. I keep meaning to get it out each friday w/ a friend but it never happens. And I am afraid it will be gone for to long. The only other tv is a little 19 in the bedroom! It will get there, but I want to make sure that I was being to picky!

Thanks