Nice Heresys on Ebay BIN for $300

rckpls

I'm a realtive newbie. The serial numbers seem to be a 1982 Heresy I, is this correct? Anyone knows what type of drivers and crossovers are in these? I'm really interested in getting this pair for HT. I got a pair of 1985 HeresyII Signature on eBay last month and I'm having problems with tweeter/midrange crackling. I would have loved to get this one, but I wasn't looking when it was available:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=61378&item=5707976091&rd=1

If you look at the S/N's they are actually 1984 Heresy's as indicated by the first two digits "84." They will have a little different tonality to them then your Heresy II's. However, 1984 was the transition point to the Heresy II so they may very well have the plastic midhorns in them with the K-77 tweeter. Either way for $300 it is a deal.

Phil-

The auction you listed had Heresys from 1968, "G" in the serial number, same year as my K-horns. If I had seen that auction, I might have bid on it, as that would be pretty cool to have all the same year of manufacture.