Doom 3 GONE GOLD!!!

TheEAR

Great news for any gamer DOOM 3 HAS GONE GOLD!!!

Bring it on,my systems can take it.16.gif

Doom 3 should be an incredible game,comming from iD Software there is little doubt it will be awesome.And besides Carmack is THE man when it comes to 3D shooter programming,in a class by himself.

Oh yes,in a few days I get my hands Doom 3. 9.gif

Good card pini,the 6800GT's overclock like champs and yes most will best Ultra speeds with ease.Nvidia is back on the block with the 6800GT and Ultra cards.

Well I like them both and have them all too,ATI X800 series or Nvidia 6800's are ready to take on two of the best games(quite sure about this)of this year and may Half-Life 2 and Doom 3 bring us fear,suspense and pure gaming joy.9.gif

Its good to see ATI and Nvidia go at it in a close race.Imagine the poor customers with only one company on top.Competition is GOOD

What would one call a good video card? I really think this game will play on anything Geforce 3 or higher, and may play with some options off, on a slightly lesser card. The game will not need all that much horsepower as that would severly limit market coverage of the sales of the game. I have an ASUS 9980 Ultra and that will be WAY more than enough to play this game and games for a while still. Not many people buy super high end cards, and ID has to, and I'm sure has, remembered that during game design. If COD will run at 800 X 600 on my tnt2 ultra in my old machine, this game will run on a 64MB video card with probably most options on to a good quality.

Several months ago on one of the hardware sites (AnandTech I think) there were benchmarks done with Doom3. The test machine was a 3.2ghz P4 with the radeon 9800XT and the best NVidia of the day. It could barely run Doom3 at 30fps. I'm thinking the game can still give plenty to chew on even to the best systems we have right now. I'll see if I can find the link.

I finally got around to testing my machine with 3D Mark. I hadn't tweaked anything but ran the test anyway to see the results. It was on my P4 3.0 gig with an Asus 9980 on it. I can't remember the exact number right now but it was close to 16,000. Does that sound good? I'm going to try and find the published results.

----------------

On 7/20/2004 1:23:26 AM pinipig523 wrote:

with stock 2500+ and stock 9800pro.. i can get 16000 on 2001.

----------------

Exactly,when I had my 9800PRO in my second system I got over 16K in 2001SE torqued by an Intel 2.4Ghz/Asus P4G8X/1GB Corsair PC3700 C2

When overclocked my 2.4@3.15Ghz and card boosted a bit I could get around 20K from the 9800Pro.No biggie

This at 1024*768 of course

But 16K in 2001SE is ok,over 20K is good and over 30K is BIG GUN turf

ear,

although i could get 16000 on stock settings - even at 2500xp. i have a hard time getting over 19k. i overclocked everything from 2500 to 3700, from stock 9800 to 450/360.... geez. i may just be hitting the limits of my system.

oh well... nothing like a brand spanking new 6800 gt to boost my scores. 9.gif