Paradigm PW-2200 Subwoofer

D-Rex

Anyone have any experience with this subwoofer or another similar version from Paradigm? I see several opportunities to get a subwoofer off Ebay but it is very difficult comparing what is the best value when I haven't heard them before. There are a few HSU's, a SVS, and this Paradigm that all seem able to meet my sub needs. Of course, there are some price differences between them all but I want to get the most out of my money. Any info appreciated...

Thanks,

D-Rex

----------------

On 7/14/2004 10:42:50 PM radiob wrote:

I have a paradigm servo 15, and I have listened to many different subs. The servo 15 is one of the best available.

----------------

That looks like a monster my friend! I wonder how far off the PW 2200 would be from the servo 15. If the 2200 were even 50% of the servo then it would probably be a pretty good buy at less that $500, wouldn't you think?

I think the PW2200 is a very good sub for the money, esp used. In Canada we have an unfair advantage though... as I see the frequently hovering in the 400$cnd range (300$US) in the local classifieds.

I have auditioned one in-store... and it performed very well, but I can't really compare it without knowing the room properties. To give an idea of it's performance numbers, take a look at the Tom Nousaine numbers at http://members.cox.net/frankcarter/Tom%20Nousaine%20Sub%20Data.htm .

Later...

Rob