New oak oil Forte II owner

sire

Proud new owner of a pair of Oak oil Forte IIs. Any problem if I use Scotts Liquid Gold (with rich organic oils) on them? I have this laying around the house and would like to get something on them real soon.

The speakers appear to be in excellent condition with one riser as a shipping casualty. Any one know where I can get a line on the riser plastic supports/attachment brackets? Does someone have a spare riser they do not need?

I am hoping my H&K receiver will work with these speakers until I can upgrade. Heck, I still have a working Pioneer sx-950 receiver laying around the house. I guess I have a hard time throwing away stuff when it still works and I paid a few dollars to purchase it. Thanks

Mike

Congrats! I don't know if Scott's is a problem, but I do know that boiled linseed oil is the "official" finish of Klipsch speakers -- the oiled ones, anyway. You can get it at your local hardware or home improvement store. It comes with a warning, and that is to hang the cloth you use to apply it out to air dry. Don't wad it up and toss it in a corner -- it will spontaneously combust. A forum search for "boiled linseed oil" or BLO will land you loads of good info.

Have fun! 9.gif