Pair of EH 300B Tubes For Free!

neo33

These DHT Electro Harmonix 300B tubes are factory matched pair. Each tube has a ceramic base and gold grid.

The requirements: You must be a 2-channel forum contributing member. You must have a love for tube amps. You must either pick up these tubes in California bay area or pay for shipping. You must give me a compelling reason why you want them. And you must not reveal my identity. The first one that met the above requirements with a PM to me will get these tubes.

Hi Neo,

I have a Welborne Labs 300B DRD SET pair being built for me by a longtime buddy on the East Coast. He had built a pair of Welborne 300B Laurels previously and we thought it would be fun to compare the two amps. He is burning the new DRD amps in as we speak.

One thing he noted right away was that his amps had more hum than the DRDs. Then he swapped tubes with the EH Gold Grids I sent him (I purchased them from Echo Audio) and the hum went away. He realized that his tubes had deteriorated over the years and where generating more noise.

I would love to have the Electro Harmonics Gold Grids to give to him so he could have a better pair to listen to and to compare the two generations of Welborne amps.

Thanks for your consideration.

Best in horns,

triceratops

It's nice what so many on this forum do for one another, including you, Erik. Just like when we all helped HDBRbuilder keep his Heresys with our donations! Neo's just another fine individual to add to the list of contributing members. He didn't have to do what he did, but he wanted to. Even if I wasn't chosen for the 300Bs, I would've still praised him for his generosity! That's why I like this forum so much...despite the trolls and flame wars we've had in the past, the majority of the Klipsch family still look out for one another!

No, Paul, I haven't received them yet due to my bank merging with a bigger bank and screwing up my old checking account. I just got my new account number and I have to update my PayPal account info so I can pay Neo for shipping. Hope to finalize this soon, though...I'm interested to hear what another pair of 300Bs can do for my amp.

It wouldn't surprise me if I had to wait 2 months to get 'em, though...5.gif