do the sanus euro foundations fit rsx's? -nt

Yes, they fit, however, they suck because they are very unstable. I bought the RSX-5s last christmas time, then the stands a while later after consultation with both Klipsch and Sanus. Both said they were a perfect match and that they have some sort of development agreement.

Man was I disappointed, I have them on a have flat surface, and they are totally unstable. With the weight of the speakers the just dont work very well, massive tipage potential. If you really want to find out for yourself, I will sell you mine for 25 bucks plus shipping (a real bargain, hahaha).

Hope the hype helps.

----------------

On 7/31/2004 10:39:13 AM DA1984 wrote:

Yes, they fit, however, they suck because they are very unstable. I bought the RSX-5s last christmas time, then the stands a while later after consultation with both Klipsch and Sanus. Both said they were a perfect match and that they have some sort of development agreement.

Man was I disappointed, I have them on a have flat surface, and they are totally unstable. With the weight of the speakers the just dont work very well, massive tipage potential. If you really want to find out for yourself, I will sell you mine for 25 bucks plus shipping (a real bargain, hahaha).

Hope the hype helps.

----------------

Man, Im glad you said someone because I just thu away my omni mount stands (90 bucks) because they were also unstable, in fact they were just built crappy. Both stands leaned one way or another. I would have hated to go through that again. I too will use them on a hard surface.

Well, it seems just a matter with the Sanus' at least that the base needs to be wider and considerably heavier, as well as the base and cylinder connection needs to be improved. Of course this will increase the cost, but, who wouldn't pay $150 for stands that work vs. $100 for stands that worry you every day because they are so unstable. I talked with a research and development person at Sanus (weird huh) and he said they are currently working on a new stands for the RSX which would extend higher, which in turn should provide better stability at a lower height, however, I wouldn't hold your breath. I would recommend something pillar-like with the speakers on their factory short stands, Im now mounting.

Chill

Thanks, I'm now thinking about getting a bookself speaker stand and just making a custom L-brackets for the stands myself for the RSX's. I might goto good guys and just pick out some stands i like that feel soild. The fixed sanus euro stands look a lot better then the adjustable ones. They look thicker and you know they are not gonna wabble as much if they are fixed. But yes, i too was surpised that not many speaker stands are more than 90 dollars. I was expecting to find a whole range of prices. I would drop 150 bucks if the stands were built nice. I would just wall mount my rsx's but Then i would have to run the speaker wire in the wall and make some wall jacks. It would be a lot more work.

ok im leaning toward these now

Rousso Speaker Pedestal P100 Silver

or these

Vantage Point A Series

but with the vantages i would have to do some modification to the bracket im sure and i still dont know if they are any good quality wise. They are only 80 bucks and everything for 80 bucks seems cheep. At least with the pedestals they wont be cheap and they will act more like a peice of furniture. But 235 does seem like overkill for a pair of rsx-4's

I dont expect em to work, im expecting to manufacture my own bracket after I get em. I'll either do it myself or take the dimensions to a sheet metal shop. The problem is, are they even worth it? From what I have seen, most cheap adjustable stands have many defects such as wobbling or leaning. I think i'll end up just getting those expensive ones and standing em on top of it.

• 4 months later...