SACDs

----------------

On 8/2/2004 1:14:15 AM Piranha wrote:

Don't forget to add $5-10 as well
2.gif

----------------

Hello:

One more decade, one more advance.

It MAY get to a point to where the two channel use is a compromise. Thus requiring an upgrade of our present two channel CDs.

Depending on our age, we've already gone from Mono...to Stereo...to Quad (remember that?)...to single CD players to Carousel to Jukebox,...three inch CDs, eventually the universal...SACD...DVDs.

For Me, that's 1200 + albums a number of which have never been released on CD or cannot find ANY copy of that - The Unusual Classical Synthesizer. Also, for video, umpteen VHS tapes (luckily I never bought a Beta machine for cost sake), 500 + CDs, unknown number of eight tracks, unk number of cassette tapes, unknown number of reel to reel, now things are going DVD - Zero so far, and SACD.

Being a two channel person, I've been

bombarded with a number of Multi channel formats, watching many three way speaker systems go to two way, more than likely needing a sub... and on and on. All venting - all opinions if an attitude or getting tired shows.

The majority of quality improvements in going to SACDs will be with new SACDs. Standard CDs benefit from more sampling, high resolution. But as stated earlier in this posst garbage in - garbage out. Money in our pockets, money in others as we add more and formats change.

My standard favorite for a Recording Studio is the $8000.00 base price unit to "add that warm analog sound to your digital recordings. Second place goes to adding tube like reality units.

If the remastering Engineer does their job correctly the first time and utilizes the Master Tape (Original Session) defects such as no high end, no low end, vocals you cannot hear - unless they should NOT be out of respect for the listener, and other "problems can be corrected. That is unless the Artist deemed what they wanted. Not always correct, but nice to be respected.

My vote goes to the Philips going back to the original question FWIW.

dodger