New Name, New Speakers, New Questions (RF-15 help)

Prophecy1

Hey everyone,

I used to visit the forums a couple years ago under the alias "mrphats" (dont ask) Anyhoo its been a while and I have a new alias and some new speakers.

Today I went to Ovaition A/V in lexington with the intentions of getting either some subs for my car or some SF-1 or SF-2's. Well fiance thought the subs would be more of a toy for me than for the both of us so I ended up getting speakers.

However the salesman showed me some new speakers and those are the RF-15's. These little bad boys sound good. Anyhoo

My question now?

How hell are you supposed to hook these up now? Come on 4 inputs on the back of the speakers? Do you go from 1 terminal to the next or is that what that gold bridge is for? Or do you go from the top to the bottom or vise versa?

My system now composes of the following:

TV:Toshiba Model: 32HF73

Reciever: Pioneer VSX-D810S

Pioeneer DVD Player 434

Samsung HDTV SAT RECIEVER

4 Quintets

KSW-12 Sub

KSC-C1 Center

RF-15's

Thanks in advanced

Picture included

post-15698-138192573344_thumb.jpg

Welcome back (too bad you didn't call yourself Kotter).

Just run a typical speaker wire to one set of the terminals. (If you want to use banana plugs, the little plastic pieces come out of the center.) The "strap" is a jumper strap connecting the two sets of posts together. If you so desire you can run two seperate wires from your receiver's A and B speaker posts, after you've removed the jumper, for some "bi-wiring" (I still don't like calling this bi-amping, but that's a whole other debate). I would just run a wire to a set of posts (doesn't matter which one) and leave the jumper alone. Just pretend the second set isn't there and enjoy those sleek beauties.

John

welcome to the form...

don't go away again2.gif ... other wise you losing out on some very good info/advice/flamewars/blo$e bashing/etc.

you'll learn more here than any book can teach you(IMO)...

oh yea, congradulations on buying those 15's.

scp53

----------------

On 8/3/2004 7:52:44 PM Prophecy1 wrote:

Hey everyone,

I used to visit the forums a couple years ago under the alias "mrphats" (dont ask) Anyhoo its been a while and I have a new alias and some new speakers.

Today I went to Ovaition A/V in lexington with the intentions of getting either some subs for my car or some SF-1 or SF-2's. Well fiance thought the subs would be more of a toy for me than for the both of us so I ended up getting speakers.

However the salesman showed me some new speakers and those are the RF-15's. These little bad boys sound good. Anyhoo

My question now?

How hell are you supposed to hook these up now? Come on 4 inputs on the back of the speakers? Do you go from 1 terminal to the next or is that what that gold bridge is for? Or do you go from the top to the bottom or vise versa?

My system now composes of the following:

TV:Toshiba Model: 32HF73

Reciever: Pioneer VSX-D810S

Pioeneer DVD Player 434

Samsung HDTV SAT RECIEVER

4 Quintets

KSW-12 Sub

KSC-C1 Center

RF-15's

Thanks in advanced

Picture included

----------------

How much did you get them for? How good do they sound?

----------------

On 8/4/2004 2:23:21 AM Prophecy1 wrote:

Well at the A/V Shop they sounded great. I mean they whipped the **** out of the SF's.

However bad news
:(

One of the speakers is bad
:(
I brought them home and hooked them up and low and behold one is blown.

I paid about 500 for the two.

Proph
----------------

Well that stinks. Hopefully the dealer isn't very far away.

John