Industrial La Scala

Joel P

A friend on mine has a pair of "Industrial La Scalas".

It looks like a home version with the connections and fuse link on the back. The speakers are rectangular not the corner one. Could these have been created to look like LSI's. My question is did they make LSI's that weren't corner speakers?

We might take them apart to see if the woofer is a k43.

Thanks.1.gif

None of the Industrial LaScalas were "corner" loaded to my knowledge. Mine are a textured black with aluminum trim. Some were made without any trim and some were made in the two piece configuration (separate top & botton). Can you describe the ones in question in more detail?

Tony

The two units do have the top that kinda resembles a triangle...in a way.. These are sealed units and corner or no corner placement does not make any difference. (course the same would be true of the tops on a K horn... If it just didn't look funny for you to find the ultimate sweet spot off center from the bottoms.)

BTW, the cross over is in the tops/// There should be a speaker terminal output down to the bottoms from the top unit.(Always from the amp to the tops then a separate speaker wire down to the bottoms.) They have the more rugged K 43 woofer, and fuses for both the tops and bottoms, and will handle 200WPC too.

These will play INSANELY loud if you want them too. Not "sub" lows... for HT for instance. Replace them with the proper fuses, and enjoy!! I have a feeling these will play for years and years and years after I am gone too. They do not make em like this anymore!!