Upgrade from RF-3II to RF-7

kosh

I may have the opportunity to upgrade from my Klipsch Reference 3 Series II (RF-3II, RC-3, RS-3) to the Reference 7 (RF-7, RC-7, RS-7). I use the system primarily for movies, but some music listening.

Has anybody been able to compare these speakers? I'm sure I would love the series 7, but would the upgrade be worth it or merely a fractional improvement?

How much would the upgrade costs you? It's more than a fractional improvement - the 7's are in a different class. If you can get any kind of deal on a trade-in (and have room for the 7's - they are much larger), I doubt you'd have any regrets.

I made the jump from RF3s (originals) to RF7s and you will find that the difference is night and day, truely amazing, well worth WHATEVER the cost. The 7 series is a completely different league than either the 3 series or the 5 series..case closed! Also, I would be prepared to eventually make some changes in electronics if you own a "typical" receiver . After upgrading speakers I found that to really make the 7 series sing, that I needed to upgrade from my Denon receiver into separates with good clean power. It's not that the 7s are difficult to drive, or even need alot of power...it's just that they have this extraordinary potential for really big sound that can only be unleashed with good clean power, and plenty of it.

ill have to agree with the posts here, the RF7 series are in a league of there own and to compare them with the RF3ii series is really not fair. the RF3s are a great speaker but the RF7 you step into a whole new listning experience.My advise is if you can get them at a buy do it, run as fast as you can and youll never look back!16.gif

I'd like to do the exact same upgrade, but the local "Swell Fellas" dealers in my area don't seem to like negotiating very much.

Should I almost expect a dealer to yield 15%? 20%? more? I wouldn't be buying an entire package.. just the RF-7's.

----------------

On 8/7/2004 9:31:10 PM kosh wrote:

I may have the opportunity to upgrade from my Klipsch Reference 3 Series II (RF-3II, RC-3, RS-3) to the Reference 7 (RF-7, RC-7, RS-7). I use the system primarily for movies, but some music listening.

Has anybody been able to compare these speakers? I'm sure I would love the series 7, but would the upgrade be worth it or merely a fractional improvement?

----------------

Kosh,

If you decide to upgrade I would be interested in purchasing your RF-3IIs. Send me a PM if you decide to go this route.

D