KSP 400's In Da House!

drewzter

Well, my dream has come true (well, almost)...

Found some sort-of-beat-up KSP 400's on eBay recently - cosmetic damage, and damage to one of the midranges - and won 'em.

Tonight I finally tested the right one (have had the left one connected for a little while now).

Yes, I'm kind of moving slowly... we just moved into the house and there's a project in every room, and huge projects outside, plus work... whine, whine...

So far have only tested with music, but the sound is most heavenly, I must say!

I've always loved the thought of powered towers, and besides the definitive ones with 18" subs, the KSP 400's were the only ones I'd even consider.

So, now the audio part of my HT is complete - I just have to get it completely hooked up now :-)

Woohoooo!!!

Nice score! I will be hauling my KSP-400's to a family birthdays/anniversary party this Saturday. My niece is gonna be the DJ, using her ipod, and the 400's powered by an old Marantz SR-2270. Should be fun to give them a bit of breathing room...

Congratulations to you! Were those the ones in Memphis? Do yourself a favor and get the matching center, the KSP-C6. They show up frequently on E-Bay and go for $200 or so. The matching surrounds are going for around $400 a pair and are well worth the price.

I just paid the last payment on my KSP400's and I think they sound even better now (those brass spike$ are high dollar jems)! Hope you enjoy them.

fini, mine sounded better in the garage than they do in the house (garage door open, of course). I had a Santana CD going when I noticed the old lady across and down the street come outside looking around. I pulled out the Santana CD and popped in a Nat Cole CD, walked across the street and asked her to dance. That's about all I can say here about what followed but let me ask you this, does your wife have false teeth?

Keith

----------------

On 8/10/2004 10:08:06 PM T2K wrote:

Congratulations to you! Were those the ones in Memphis? Do yourself a favor and get the matching center, the KSP-C6. They show up frequently on E-Bay and go for $200 or so. The matching surrounds are going for around $400 a pair and are well worth the price.

I just paid the last payment on my KSP400's and I think they sound even better now (those brass spike$ are high dollar jems)! Hope you enjoy them.

fini, mine sounded better in the garage than they do in the house (garage door open, of course). I had a Santana CD going when I noticed the old lady across and down the street come outside looking around. I pulled out the Santana CD and popped in a Nat Cole CD, walked across the street and asked her to dance. That's about all I can say here about what followed but let me ask you this, does your wife have false teeth?

Keith

----------------

9.gif

dude,

that's funny! i don't even know what to add to that!

yes, these are the ones from memphis... 2 holes in the rubber surround of one of the midranges... should i bother replacing the whole driver, or just do the glue and paper towel trick?

as for the center, my C7 sounds great with them... i don't think i'll bother with any more speakers...

especially with the wife already at her wit's end with my obsession! 9.gif

can't wait to get the whole thing hooked up (have had the polk surrounds boxed up for almost 3 years now!!)

peace