Emergency -> tell me about Hafler DH-110 preamp!

meuge

Thanks!!!

Oh well, got outbid by someone using that silly sniping software (+50% in price in the last 20 seconds).

I am kinda irritated. I thought ebay had anti-sniping measures in place (like extending auction time after every bid in the last 10 minutes or something like that).

Yeh, sniping goes with the territory on Ebay.

On Hafler, I don't know if it would do better with non Heritage Klipsch systems or not. The stock on Hafler gear is not all that high at any rate and stuff does come up there all the time.

Wish you could have run across Taylor Shoemaker's Bottlehead preamp he'd built from a kit. He sold it, and as I remember it was quite reasonable. I think it would be an excellent candidate for your system.

meuge,

"Oh well, got outbid by someone using that silly sniping software (+50% in price in the last 20 seconds).

I am kinda irritated. I thought ebay had anti-sniping measures in place (like extending auction time after every bid in the last 10 minutes or something like that)."

E-bay does have anti-sniping measures. It's called proxy bidding. You place the highest amount that you would pay for the item and it will automatically bid that amount even if you are sniped in the last seconds. Of course if the sniper bids higher than the amount you bid, he wins. Sounds fair to me!

Sniping protects the experts from the amatuers by not showing their cards first.

I've had my Hafler 110 since August '88, and other than the usual

cleaning of the button and knob contacts, has been very good to me. The volume control is a sealed unit inside the case and I was not able to lubricate that part to keep it from causing static when turning the knob.

I currently have all the inputs used, which is 2 turntables, 2 cassette decks, cd player, dvd player, and tuner. I'd buy another if the need arose. It's lifetime mate has been a Hafler XL-280 amp.

The funny thing is when Best Buy moved into our town in the late 80's, they had a closeout of these 2 items - I bought the demo's for a total of $600. That must have been the end of their high end days.

In any case, I would not hesitate buying any Hafler gear if the price is right.

NP - Social D - Live In Orange County (dvd)