Hi-Def: Peter Gabriel Concert on INHD2

picky

"Mrs. Picky" and I watched the Peter Gabriel concert last night on Comcast Hi-Def service. It was presented on the INHD2 channel. This concert was filmed in 2003 in Italy, I believe, and it was part of his 'Growning Up' tour. The sound was very good and the Hi-Def picture made us feel as though we were there "live". This concert was done in the round, where the round stage is set in the middle of the arena floor and the audience surrounds the band on all sides. Normally, this causes a lot of technological complexities, but with the advent of today's wireless technology, the stage crew was able to alter the stage setup after EACH song! It was a very unique show with lots of surprises. I'm not going to ruin it for those who have not seen it. He does 'Red Rain' and a lot of his over-the-top stuff early on in the show, followed by his mainstream hits from the middle through the end. The show runs a bit long at 2:20 (watched the first 2 hours as it was very late at night) but I recommend to those of you who enjoy Gabriel's unusual approach to music that this is definitley worth a look. For those of you whom do not have INHD network service (it's not available via dish), the DVD 'Peter Gabriel: Growing Up Live' is available in stores.

• 2 weeks later...
Indy: Ditto on the bounce song. I plan to purchase the DVD as soon as I get the chance. That INHD network and the PBS-HD 'Sound Stage' show are great ways to audition concerts before you buy them. Time for me to make a PBS donation, I suppose.... ($$$)... maybe I'll get a PBS coffee cup for my hundred bucks? 9.gif

It is a great disc. My wife and I saw him in Indy last summer. The big bouncy ball actually sprung a leak. But he fixed it and played the song over. I think it was his last gig in the US before going overseas and played for about 2.5 hours. One song not on the dvd that sounded so good live was "games without frontiers". It should have made the cut.

Picky,

It may have been firestone. That's a better excuse than his weight. He really gained alot by the time he was in Indy. Even the video he's not as heavy. I guess the road is hard on a diet. 6.gif

He remains one of my favorite musicians of all time. How great it must be to produce the music you really like, assembling musicians from all over the world...And it sells to boot!