Klipsch RF 35 or RF3II?

Rickieheinz

Supposedly the newer RF-35's are a little better sounding... or so I've heard. I went with the older RF-3's because I like the look of them better. I do like that RF-35 have real wood finishes... but I like the woofers of the RF-3's much better. heh The newer woofers look... I don't know.

As far as sound goes... I went from KG-2.5's, which I thought sounded pretty darn good, to RB-3's, which sounded tons better (surprisingly), to RF-3's because I liked the RB-3's so much. The RF's have plenty of bass for me... I do not use a sub when I am listening to music anymore. I suppose the RF-7's would be even better... but that upgrade will be a while. (though I could get some KLF-30's from my local dealer for pretty cheap... and they are looking very good right now...)

Since one's taste in speakers is so personal it is hard to answer your question. What sounds like crap to me might sound great to you. Personally, I listened to both the RF-311 and RF-35 models and chose the RF-35, even though they cost several hundred dollars more. To me they sounded better. BTW, the RF-35's come wrapped in vinyl, not wood veneer. HTH's you make a choice.

I got the RF-3IIs for a very simple reason. I am many many thousands of dollars in debt, incurred by college, and I will not be earning much money for many more years, so the difference of paying $500 for RF-3IIs and $1000 for RF-35s was enough to convince me to buy the RF-3IIs, even though the RF-35s did sound slightly better, and came with removable magnetically-attached grilles.

I ought the Rf3 II a few years ago and they cost me 850.00.I like them a lot and was planning to get a Jolida tube amp,the 304 to improve my sound(tube amps sound great) and hook up my Rotel in a separate room.I've had people over who listened to my speakers and were quite impressed the RF 35 is supposed to be the modernized version of the Rf3II and I was just wondering if I could recommend them as sounding close.