music room, version 5.0

jdm56

It IS dinky - 27" Toshiba; el cheapo on sale at Sears. It was too cheap to pass up, while I wait for my finances to go up and the price of LCD/DLP/LCOS to come down! But SOMEDAY, yes, someday...I can see it now; a 50-60" LCOS in BLACK! Come on, somebody build one! Oh yeah, and sell it for about 2K!3.gif

OK, cool; the last one worked, so let's do some more! (resize, resize, resize!)

This one shows the equipment cabinet in the music room rig, plus the right surround heresy II. The gear is the Pioneer Elite VSX-55TXi receiver and the Pioneer Elite DV-47Ai universal disc player, plus there is a ratty old Charter digital cable box, out of sight, just below the cabinet drawer.

post-3900-13819257489092_thumb.jpg

A close up of the awe-inspiring 27" Toshiba. Can you see it buzzing?7.gif Oh yes, that would be belle below the buzzing boob-tube.9.gif And lest I forget - my just completed tee-vee shelf over the belle. -Think I'll fill in below the shelf with shelves or cabinet doors on either side of the speaker - eventually.

post-3900-13819257490792_thumb.jpg

And for those of you still with me, here's the first pic, resized to a more user-friendly file.

Thanks Griff, it sounds easy when you say it, and I really will try to learn how to do that, but not at a quarter to one in the AM. I admit, my computer skills are barely adequate, and you know what they say about old dogs!

post-3900-13819257491492_thumb.jpg

Thanks. My only regret with it is that I didn't have access to my copy of F. Alton Everest's "Master Handbook Of Acoustics" while designing the room. I would have squared off the sides of the front wall niche, to avoid creating what is, in effect a concave surface, which tends to focus sound instead of dispersing it. I do intend to eventually fill it up with a widescreen hdtv and an 18" sofit so maybe that effect will be minimized. Also, if doing it again, I would have made the room longer, to get more even distribution of room modes. Oh well, hindsight is always 20/20!