Opinions on planned system?

crazyrobo

Alright, from the $600 i had saved up, I just tacked on about $2100 so I decided to go for two RF-35s, an RC-35, and RW-10. Eventually I want to have a 7.1 system, with two rb-25s and rs-25s, probably going to use my old three-way yamahas just to test (they push really good mids, but the highs and lows get blurry).

This is going to be a bedroom setup, multisource (computer, movies (20%), (60%) music, and dish tv (20%) (might install hdtv soon)).

This is the wall that the system is going to be, I have a 30" Sony wega hd wide coming in soon, it'll be right in the center. In the pic, the left edge of the pic is where the door is (angled) and to the bottom of the pic is a bed that takes up half the room, the wall in the pic is 10 feet across, and to the opposite wall is approx 15'. Good 8 1/2 feet to the ceiling.

http://www.crazypinoy337.netfirms.com/extras/room/room1.jpg

Questions:

1. Will the 35's and rw-10 be too much for my room?

2. Still debating on a receiver, looking at around $400-500 7.1 that must have component and analog 5.1 inputs (computer games)

let me see if i can help, piece by piece i moved my gear up to my sons room as i acquired heritage gear, my sons room is about the same size as yours, and i have to be honest, it just is not enough room for the speakers to open up adequetly, let me explain, after using these fine speaks in the living room for 9 months or so i hooked them up in my sons room, and the sound was just smaller, not as dynamic, and when a person turns up the volume you can almost see the musical notes bouncing off of each other, you have to realize that the rf seriese can really produce. and to place them off the wall enough to get them sounding good severly decreases the size of the room, and if placed closer to the wall to maximize space than the sound seems muffled, it is fine for my son (muffled sound) but it is noticable to a person who is looking for maximum from thier music, and the rf's can deliver everything you ask from them, secondly your choices for surrounds and rears will appear weak in comparison to the floor standers, once you get used to the sound of the rf's the smaller speakers will become very obvious, i also had rc 3's in house, 2 of them, and it is also too small for the rf series, i think they are best suited for book shelf speaker set up's, after buying and than selling 2 of the rc 3's i went out and bought my sons rc 7 and the balance is more evidant, as you know the bulk of ht experience comes from the center channel, why get a center channel that is smaller than the front channels?12.gif

So maybe even the RF-15 paired with RC-15s/RB-15s and a RC-25 center? Anything that will save me money is good if I want to afford my books.3.gif

This system will be doing music most of the time too, mostly soul and jazz, good deep lows. RW-10 could overpower the 15s?

No sub will overpower your surround speakers if it is calibrated correctly. You will need a disc such as Avia or DVE and a SPL meter to do the job correctly. It is a relatively cheap investment that you will use time and time again when you move your speakers or upgrade. Carl

Alright, I think I'm going to stick to RF-25s because I feel that they'll be the best balence of price, room size, and musically, since most of the time they'll be stereo speakers. Plus the woofers match with the RC-35, that's the main point.

I've heard them both, sound the same at least to me for such a small room, and I save at least $300 on the 25s.

2xRF-25 Main

RC-35 Center

RB-25 rear surround

RS-25 side surround

HK AVS 230

Sony 30" wide wega crt hdmi