What sub(s) will keep up with a horn loaded LaScala?

Piranha

----------------

On 9/7/2004 10:36:45 AM formica wrote:

These subs are ment to be flagship products... and are priced accordingly.

BTW, the 4600$ list price doesn't seem so out of line for a flagship product... esp given the SVS "B4-Plus and K1 Combo" sells for a 3500$ street price + shipping.
4.gif

----------------

I don't have any idea why they would sell a couple slot ported 12's and an amp for $4600. Unless they have diamond plated cones or they can get up and fetch me a beer from the fridge, I'd take a B4+ and K1 anyday.3.gif3.gif

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 9/11/2004 4:51:59 PM CAS wrote:

Unless they have diamond plated cones or they can get up and fetch me a beer from the fridge, I'd take a B4+ and K1 anyday.

----------------

Wow... didn't know the B4 fetches beer... that's sweet! 9.gif I have to admit SVS has the upper hand in that aspect... 3.gif

Rob

PS: As for the diamond plate... I think that would just look cheesy like the Diamond Plate Pickguards for guitars...

"2-Channel of course. I only have two ears." Reminds me of a great photo and caption of Claude Nobs, live sound producer and event manager extrordinaire of Jazz festivals and Deep Purple (Funky Claude running in and out, pulling kids out of the ground- Smoke on the water). He's got both hands cupped, holding them up to his ears. The caption "Claude Nobs, checking to see if the mix is in quadrophonic"

What's next 9.7 where we have to have ceiling and floor speakers, nothing like a little planned obsolescence to keep an industry afloat.

I heard IndyKlipschFan's subs with his all Cornwall system last week. I thought I had heard bass before but this was MAGNIFICENT. Solid, musical LOW, LOWER, LOWEST. Like to see the response curve on those babies. Indy, we've got to get some Rick Wakeman on those next time, there is a synth run that I think hits something like 16Hz. It was hilarious sitting about 16 feet from the front wall of his gargantuan sound system, but soon to be very improved video display in the basement theatre. What was it a 17" monitor, proving once again that it's the sound that works on our psyche and draws us into the movie, not the screen size.

Thanks for the demo Indy, and I think the pipes (roadie term for vocal cords)are getting better with age. I thought Neil Diamond was in the room. You surely have a gift. Now just put on some Deep Purple for me and please leave the room so's I dont embarass myself!

I heard IndyKlipschFan's subs with his all Cornwall system last week. I thought I had heard bass before but this was MAGNIFICENT. Solid, musical LOW, LOWER, LOWEST. Like to see the response curve on those babies.

I think it is about as close to perfect as I have ever heard too. (my old/new HT system being brought together.) BTW, I heard some systems at the "CEDIA" show last friday. Some as high as OVER 50k-100k... And I still think mine was better. Thats pretty scarey too!

Glad you enjoyed and Smoke On The Water...sure.. anytime.

hehehehe I might need a swig of Jack Daniels first to get that gargle sound outta me. LOL!