Does anyone have the RP series floor speakers?

D-Rex

My local dealer has a pair of RP-3's... they look pretty nice, but I'd take RF-3's any day.

They are more efficient... and probably sound better overall. The subs on the sides of the speakers are only Synergy series subs... so they are not "Reference" quality so to speak. Considering the higher cost, most people would just assume go with the higher efficiency of the RF-3/5's and use the money they saved that way getting a nice sub.

Not to discourage anyone from getting them... heck, I might go take that pair off my dealer's hands... if the price was right. 1.gif Although... I would rather pick up his KLF-30's. 9.gif

The major downside to the RP series is that there is not much flexibility with the location of the sub. Speaker positioning is very important, but the techniques are different for low frequencies than they are for higher frequencies. Also, you have to run a power as well as a speaker cable to the RP speakers which can also become annoying very quickly.

I personally also like to have the active driver on a sub facing the main listening position instead of the wall. It'll just sound more powerful.