RB-10 MSRP?

NormanB

Umm... no way you can get two sats, sub and decent stereo receiver for under $399. According to the Parts Express page, the sub kit alone is $349. Add the speakers at $225/pair... and DECENT stereo receiver at at least $199... you are way over $399 for Ultras at $773... good God.... go out and buy some RF-3's off eBay and get a decent stereo receiver for that price. You'd be satisfied with the bass of those for a while... and you'd probably spend less even after shipping. Heck... there were some RP-3's on there today... you'd even get subs that way.

Just my opinion... coming from me in a not so happy mood...

tpg,

I said ABOUT the same. so in the $400-500 range. you get the rb10s for 200-225, a dayton sub(10" 100wt) for $125(i was NOT talking about a titanic) and a receiver for 150-200 and the price is.... around $500-525. and because the Ultra BASH amp is average quality theres no need to power the rb10s with a "decent" amp that cost $200+. I think any stereo receiver costing 130-150 is fine. why spend more money on the amp than the speakers are worth.

not trying to argue here, just stating my opinion so don't take any offense. 2.gif

scp53

My mains are RF-35's and center is RCX-4. I had very little room for a center so this worked the best at the time. I got it last October, if I had known that there would be an RC-10 so soon I would have waited. However, I like the RCX-4 the dialog is very clear and fits me needs.

• Like 1

scp-

Ok... so let me try to reword what you posted...

ProMedia's are 'average'... so you are saying there is no need to power the RB-10's with anything good... so we would end up with average or even less than average sound quality because the receiver would suck (to save money...).

Also... a 100W 10" speaker is NOT a sub... and if you argue that it is, we'll give it the title of a VERY sucky one. I don't consider 10" anything subs... to go with a 100W 10" for "sub" would really be a waste, IMO. Also... power for the sub? We need to pay for an amp here... enclosure???

So... you were proposing a separates system that would in fact be WORSE than the Promedia Ultras for MORE money. Makes good economic sense to me...

This from me in a worse mood than last night... lot of stuff going on... all of it sucks.