KLF-30's vs. RF-7's? Read my situation!!

gedwyn@mpinet.net

Ok. Here is the deal. Traded in my C6 and KLF-20's for some KLF-30's and a C7.

The KLF-30's where ordered but I have been told the plant ran out before my local dealer got the order in. He admitted it was his fault so this is what he is proposing to me: He will take a big loss and give me the new RF-7's for the same small price I paid for the 30's. Or I take my 20's back and start over. here are my issues:

1. Never heard the RF-7? better then the KLF-30's?

2. I have a C7 which matches the 30's. Do I need a

RC-7 now to match the RF-7's??

3. I got a pair of SC-3 for my surrounds. Will these

work for the RF-7 or do I need the new SC-7??

4. Am I really getting a good deal here???

5. Why can't this ever be easy. All I wanted was my

KLF-30's....

Thanks in advance,

Paul

------------------

Paul Graber

gedwyn@mpinet.net

take the rf-7 & sell them unopened on ebay or here.

you'll have enough $ to buy the klf 30 from a dealer that has them & have hundreds left over.

that dealer is tryin to get you to give away your c7 & get the RC-7 & rs-7. how much did he charge for the klf 30?

no the sc would not be as good as possible with the RF or KLF. should get the s6 for the legends. maybe you could make that part of the deal. a pair of s6 & klf 30 for a pair of brand new rf-7 in unopened boxes. Wink.gif

------------------

go forth & hump the world

This message has been edited by forresthump on 07-26-2001 at 06:00 PM

Paul, you don't have to convince me about KLF 30's (see below) but the local "Klipsch Minions" (paid Klipsch staff) are very high on them... and a few consumer types seem also well pleased with getting the new series which is supposed to be the best of the Legends with the accuracy of the Reference series. I am sure most of the folks here will say let your ears be your guide.

My local dealers have yet to put any of the R_7 series on display... and so I have not gotten to use my ears on this issue (you might check the thread "HornEd sees Red to get some added insights into the R_7's).

If you like the sound of the "7up" package, I would push for two RF-7's and an RC-7 for tone and timbre reasons... and have him take the KLF C7 in trade. In the worst case scenario, you can likely still pick up a pair of KLF 30's and another C-7 on the used market by offering to trade the new stuff for the pick of the litter old stuff and cash to boot.

I would suggest you check posts from The Borg or email him... he has a complete set of the new Klipsch speakers and is very high on them... but then again, he is The Borg... an outer space version of mainstreaming!cwm7.gif HornEd

------------------

"Where Legends Live! Klipsch Powered HT"

FOREGROUND SOUND STAGE:

KLF 30 Center, KLF 30 Mains, KLF 10 Front Effects

BACKGROUND SOUND STAGE:

KLF 30 L&R Side/Surrounds, KLF 30 Rear Effects

LARGE MOUTH BASS:

Twin SVS CS-Ultra sub with Samson Megawatt Amp

SPEAKER SUPPORT SYSTEMS:

Mitsubishi RPHD1080i 65", Yamaha RX-V3000 Receiver

and such... Tweakin' On!

2-Channel Music Respite Room ala Cornwall under construction...

I agree with Hump. Grab the RF-7s and sell 'em on ebay or something, then snag a pair of 30s off ebay or a K dealer. Sadly, if you get the 30s off ebay, you won't get a warranty, and you won't be able to offer any warranty on the 7s, but you should get a decent penny for the 7s (I'm guessing, I haven't watched ebay for sale price trends). Then turn around and get the 30s! Hold on to the C-7!

I wonder why your K dealer wants to push the 7s on you--are RF-7 sales sluggish already?cwm24.gif

FYI- Over the last few days KLF30s have been showing up on UBid. You may want to take the advise of foresthump, if you want to stay with KLFs, the situation could turn out to your advantage. There are a number of internet dealers who have the KLF30s and are letting them go for under $1,000 per pair.

------------------

Thanks,

Bill Dillon

Mains: LaScalas

Center: KLF C7

Front Effects: None Yet

Rears: Chorus IIs

Rear Center: None Yet

Sub: Velodyne CT150

Receiver: Yamaha RX-V3000

DVD: Sony 560D

TV: Toshiba 61" 61H70

I would do this. But I will want to hear the RF-7's to see how they sound maybe. Maybe they do sound better??? Then the deal was good.

I have heard aluminum cones are very sweet sounding and exact. Anybody hear these RF-7's.

I will check around for KLF-30's just in case.

------------------

Paul Graber

gedwyn@mpinet.net