Few reasons why "customs" isn't the reason the 5.1 is late

stevemau

1st of all, customs doesn't take this long when it comes shipping a major product like this one. This product is supposed to come out in June, and it got delayed and delayed over again.

It also isn't customs becuase look at Klipsch's webpage, they don't even have a pre-order page made up. They don't have anything ready on thier shop page resembling the 5.1's coming out soon. I hope they have web page designers who are really fast and create the page to order 5.1's they day it actually comes.

Now just tell us its a delayed product, and nothing more.

Don't give excuses, becasue it generates this kind of bad publicity. Imagine is Klipsch's products came on time along with thier excellent quality. But this isn't the case, and are losing impluse and desperate buyers by the minute.

i know how you feel. But you know, who ever said it's better to wait a little longer for a a really good product than gettinga faulty product now is right. I'd rather get a kick *** system, with no problems...plus it give me a chance to build up my back account some :D

------------------

Sex is like pizza, when it's good, it's really good. When it's bad, it's still pretty good.

Stevemau,

I think it's unwise to make a statement that Klipsch are "losing impluse and desperate buyers by the minute." They certainly haven't lost you or, I would bet, 90% of the other people who are waiting for their order. Most people will wait another month (need be - highly doubt that though) in order to get good speakers for the long run, compared to buying 4.1s just because they can't wait any longer.

I would serioulsy think they are a few days away. Infact, I would not be surprised if Klipsch is already past the customs and they are taking a few days (even a week) to get things sorted out inside their warehouse, update the website so it is ready for purchase, maunals for the product (I would think they are being made locally instead of overseas), etc. I would not be surprised if the speakers are released before August comes along.

Granted, I may be wrong on all this, but I think it's safe to say that all of us here are prepared for waiting that long for the 5.1's need be. Those who aren't, well, no problem with me, just less people ordering the 5.1's in front of me. Smile.gif

So anyway, don't throw insults at Klipsch: "Don't give excuses, becasue it generates this kind of bad publicity." as Klipsch is not the type of company to hide behind the messageboard lying when they say soon. They admited fault with the first release date (July 15h?). However Amy is getting beginning to say "Very soon" much more frequently now. They will all come in time... And those that wait, will be the one's pleased in the end. Smile.gif

- Tyler

------------------

"Dude, if you have good speakers, why don't you listen to GOOD music?" - Bah

• Moderators

We *were* waiting on customs, now we're in final quality control checks... If everything checks out ok, we'll be shipping soon. I'll keep you posted. Send me an email to be put on the notification list!

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

To say Klipsch is losing customers by the bucketload wouldnt be right, Think about it...

The average computer user had never heard of Klipsch until the ProMedia's came out, When they did all the hardware site's/game magazines/hardware magazines got ahold of a set and said "WOW THESE THINGS ROCK", Then they all gave it there highest rating, Then the millions and millions of people that read these sites/mags see "Wow these new speakers are really awesom, I think I'll go buy some"

Klipsch might have made a mistake in ever saying a release date, because things do come up and they will delay a product shipment, But to say they have lost customers is not right, Because do many people other than die-hard Klipsch fan's know about these? Maybe the few thousand that's seen it mentioned on Outpost.com and then the rest that are on these forums, Otherwise there has been VERY VERY little mention about the 5.1's on any magazine/website...

Just my 2 Cents Worth...

so i guess the speakers have arrived in the U.S. they are no longer waiting on customs. then again if something goes wrong with quality check, are u gonna have to send it back to china and wait for them to fix it b4 it gets caught back in customs coming back to the U.S. again? man that would suck.

quote:

Originally posted by Starkan:

Stevemau,

I think it's unwise to make a statement that Klipsch are "losing impluse and desperate buyers by the minute." They certainly haven't lost you or, I would bet, 90% of the other people who are waiting for their order. Most people will wait another month (need be - highly doubt that though) in order to get good speakers for the long run, compared to buying 4.1s just because they can't wait any longer.

- Tyler

How can you not say that they are not losing impluse buyers? They are losing the exact buyers who have any Klipsch products like the 4.1's, and who were VERY exited to hear that a 5.1 system will come out. Just by the look of the speakers itself makes you want to buy them. But if you sit back and evaluate, to get Dolby Digital, you will need a decoder. Either the AT, GAmeTheatre, or a 5.1 sound card. Then you will sit down and think if you will really need it, especially if you already have the 4.1 ProMedia's.

Let me give you a real life example. Look at the PS2, how much hype sony gave it. But it kept on getting delayed, and they didn't even have enough PS2's to satisfy the demand. As time goes by, those buyers who make the demand soar out the roof, lessens a little. They look in the other directions to similiar products. The result, sales of PS2's isn't as great as expected. And its Sony's fault, because they couldn't satisfy some, but not all buyers who would have bought it IMMEDIATELY once it came out. Can you not say that if the 5.1's came out the first date announced, that week of sales would be greater if this product came out as late at August 15th?

The point of this reply is, its all about Marketing. Making your product a quality product, which Klipsh has certainly done. But also creating and keeping the appeal of the product once announced, which they have certainly failed.