I met a Klipsch snob......

SickPuppy

SickPuppy-

Sorry to hear of your shopping experience. It's always sad to hear of a poor shopping encounter.

I will check with the local Klipsch rep to see what may have happened (just a bad day or other??).

I realize the Heritage dealers are very few and far between and we would certainly hate to loose one, but don't want this to happen to anyone else either.

Thanks for the post and hope that when the time and place is right for you, that you will find the right dealer and K-horns with your name on them.

• Like 1

Oh I will buy them when the time is right and maybe even from that dealer, just not from that salesman! May have been an off day, maybe 2000 people wanting to listen to his stuff and not buying, dunno. I have Klipsch now, and probably always will. He just chapped my checks,LOL.

SP

I can't understand why anyone would have their own speakers (especially k-horns) at a retail store. Makes no sense to me. I wonder if they really were his.

BTW, the horns you saw, they weren't the 50th Anniversary pair, were they? That was the last pair I saw or heard there (a few years ago). That pair did not look like current klipschorns. The mid/tweeter assembly was rounded on the front corners.

In response to your post, I am very sorry that is the impression I left you with. I believe I remember you coming in recently. By the details you gave I am pretty sure I was the one you spoke with. I remember having quite a nice conversation with you. I have talked to a lot of people about the K-horns but the phrase about the after hours listening was unusual. Although as I remember, you asked if that is what I did when I explained the reason they are at the store is because my wife won't let me have them at home. But I honestly don't remember your asking to hear them. Of course, at my age my memory isn't my best feature. Since I have these speakers at the store, and we have no other corners to display another set, I use these for demo. Your being from out of town would not be a reason to ignore you as we get most of our Heritage customers from out of town. If I gave you that impression I am truly sorry and have no excuse.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention so I can be aware that this will not happen in the future.

Bill Bullington

Harvey's Stereo

SickPuppy (and JDM,) I think I'll be able to schedule a get together in St. Louis toward the end of October, a month later than I had hoped, but I will actually be in town at the time.6.gif You would both be welcome to listen to Khorns, Belles, Heresys, and Shorthorns, plus compare some to a set of Altec Valencias. I'll have three listening areas cooking, so there will be plenty of opportunity to catch whatever you might want to hear.

We have some truly outstanding restaurants about town, as well!