How to integrate a sub into a 2ch system

meuge

I am thinking of acquiring the Outlaw Audio's LFM-1 subwoofer. But I am not sure how I could integrate it into my 2ch system, considering that I do not have a receiver that does bass management.

My system is set up as follows:

PC via SPDIF -> MSB Link III DAC -> Aragon 28k Preamp (2 preamp outputs)... Preamp1-> B&K ST-2020 amplifier (Preamp2 is free).

My speakers are RF-3IIs, which have their -3dB point at 45Hz according to my in-room measurements. The LFM-1 has a single line-level input jack and variable crossover from 40 to 120 Hz. I was thinking that just hooking it up to the second preamp output and playing with the crossover around the 40-45Hz area would do the job. Anyone care to help?

----------------

On 9/12/2004 10:02:56 PM meuge wrote:

I was thinking that just hooking it up to the second preamp output and playing with the crossover around the 40-45Hz area would do the job. Anyone care to help?

----------------

Should work....

Or you can use the Speaker Level output, and therefore use the Sub's high-pass filter for your mains. Just a question if you want to filter the load to you RF3s or not.

Rob