subwoofer alignment make a difference?

neomartic

when i had the pb2+..i had it parallel to the wall...but you probably heard this time after time..."no two environments are the same...so youll have to test out both ways and find what sounds best for you.."...i suggest, since the pb2 ultra is so heavy, make a heavy duty board with casters on the bottom and have a friend rotate the ultra around while you listen.....just a thought...maybe someone else may have a better suggestion...

Given how close they are from one another I don't think it will make a large difference assuming you leave the port room to breath in either case... unless your room has a unusual effect).

BTW, an SPL meter is fun to have... so maybe you can find one and post if you find an actual difference in room? 2.gif

Later...

Rob

when i used my ultra, i had one driver facing the wall, and one facing towards me. THe slot can face either the wall or through open space, sound no diffrent to me. This setup leads to a louder bass response.

For tighter bass, i hvae the two drivers face the each side of the corner, with the slot facing the corner of the wall, basically ya first picture. its not as loud, but the bass is more refined.

try it out and tell me what you think